Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

crash in sgelsy

hagai_sela
Beginner
Hi,
I am having problems with sgelsy using Mkl version 10.3 on ubuntu 10.10 64 bit, from C.
first I tried to call via the old interface (plain sgelsy) and got error -1 (error in the first parameter). It was 50000, I don't see how this can be an error.
Then I moved to the C interface and now the code crashes. I ran it with valgrind, and it seems MKL is trying to read values outside of the jpvt array.
code is attached.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel
interesting, that's an unknown issue,
I just quickly checked the main.cpp on windows 32/64 - the test passed with the latest 10.3 update2.
"The thread 'Win64 Thread' (0x214) has exited with code 0 (0x0)."

What update of 10.3 are you using? and how do you link the test?

hagai_sela
Beginner
I am using update 1, but on linux 64 bit (ubuntu 10.10).
This is the link line:
g++ -L/opt/intel/composerxe/mkl/lib/intel64 -L/opt/intel/composerxe/lib/intel64 -o bin/Debug/sgelsytest obj/Debug/main.o -Wl,--start-group /opt/intel/composerxe/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_intel_ilp64.a /opt/intel/composerxe/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_intel_thread.a /opt/intel/composerxe/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_core.a -Wl,--end-group /opt/intel/composerxe/lib/intel64/libiomp5.a -lpthread
I also tried dynamic linking, same results.
Hagai.
Gennady_F_Intel
How about the LP64 interface or with non-threaded version?
hagai_sela
Beginner
LP64 works, both single and multi-threaded. Thanks!

Hagai.
Gennady_F_Intel
That's great. For ilp64 case, please add the /DMKL_ILP64 option and the problem will dissapear. Please refer to the User's Guide for more details ( see chapter 3, Supporting for ILP64 interfaces).
--Gennady
hagai_sela
Beginner
I just upgraded from the compiler suite version 11.1.072 to the composer, and used the web wizard to select the linkage method. I didn't think this requires re-reading the manual.... maybe you should put lp64 as the default in the wizard.
Hagai.
Gennady_F_Intel
Ok, that's make a sence do to. We have some plans to update the Linker Adviser in the nearest Future.