Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

missing libmkl_lapack

elquin
Beginner
I'm using Intel Fortran Composer with MKL.
My code is based on F90 format, not F95.
My makefile is run as

LIB = -L/.../opt/intel/mkl/lib -lmkl_lapack -lmkl_intel_thread -lmkl_core -lmkl_intel_lp64

It really runs in other machine but not in my Mac.
In lib directory, the files are ;

libmkl_blas95.a libmkl_intel_thread.dylib libmkl_solver_ilp64_sequential.a
libmkl_blas95_ilp64.a libmkl_lapack95.a libmkl_solver_lp64.a
libmkl_blas95_lp64.a libmkl_lapack95_ilp64.a libmkl_solver_lp64_sequential.a
libmkl_core.a libmkl_lapack95_lp64.a libmkl_vml_avx.dylib
libmkl_core.dylib libmkl_mc.dylib libmkl_vml_mc.dylib
libmkl_intel.a libmkl_mc3.dylib libmkl_vml_mc2.dylib
libmkl_intel.dylib libmkl_p4m.dylib libmkl_vml_mc3.dylib
libmkl_intel_ilp64.a libmkl_p4m3.dylib libmkl_vml_p4m.dylib
libmkl_intel_ilp64.dylib libmkl_p4p.dylib libmkl_vml_p4m2.dylib
libmkl_intel_lp64.a libmkl_pgi_thread.a libmkl_vml_p4m3.dylib
libmkl_intel_lp64.dylib libmkl_rt.dylib libmkl_vml_p4p.dylib
libmkl_intel_sp2dp.a libmkl_sequential.a locale
libmkl_intel_sp2dp.dylib libmkl_sequential.dylib
libmkl_intel_thread.a libmkl_solver_ilp64.a
libmkl_blas95.a libmkl_intel_thread.dylib libmkl_solver_ilp64_sequential.alibmkl_blas95_ilp64.a libmkl_lapack95.a libmkl_solver_lp64.alibmkl_blas95_lp64.a libmkl_lapack95_ilp64.a libmkl_solver_lp64_sequential.alibmkl_core.a libmkl_lapack95_lp64.a libmkl_vml_avx.dyliblibmkl_core.dylib libmkl_mc.dylib libmkl_vml_mc.dyliblibmkl_intel.a libmkl_mc3.dylib libmkl_vml_mc2.dyliblibmkl_intel.dylib libmkl_p4m.dylib libmkl_vml_mc3.dyliblibmkl_intel_ilp64.a libmkl_p4m3.dylib libmkl_vml_p4m.dyliblibmkl_intel_ilp64.dylib libmkl_p4p.dylib libmkl_vml_p4m2.dyliblibmkl_intel_lp64.a libmkl_pgi_thread.a libmkl_vml_p4m3.dyliblibmkl_intel_lp64.dylib libmkl_rt.dylib libmkl_vml_p4p.dyliblibmkl_intel_sp2dp.a libmkl_sequential.a localelibmkl_intel_sp2dp.dylib libmkl_sequential.dyliblibmkl_intel_thread.a libmkl_solver_ilp64.a

As shown above list, there is no file, 'libmkl_lapack.so' or 'libmkl_lapack.dylib'.
When I tried to compile *.f95 after changing previous *.f90 files suffix,

ifort: warning #10147: no action performed for specified file(s)

I followed basic procedure of installing FORTRAN Composer package downloaded from web.
How can I resolve this problem?
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel
elquin,
First of all,could you please try to useLinker Adviserand let us know if you still will have problems.
Additionaly make sure that MKL libs are in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Also, you can find several Linking Examples into user's guide (see chapter 5).
--Gennady
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
You may be looking at a recent version of MKL, where the lapack functions are included in the core and lp64 libraries. Your command line may be suitable for dynamic linking, if you drop the mkl_lapack.
ifort doesn't recognize .f95 as an equivalent to .f90.
0 Kudos
elquin
Beginner
Thank you for your suggestions.
I searched link and User's Guide but the results are :

LIB = -L/opt/intel/mkl/lib -lmkl_intel_ilp64 -lmkl_sequential -lmkl_core -lpthread

$ ./myexe_tmp
dyld: Library not loaded: libmkl_intel_ilp64.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/..././myexe_tmp
Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

I tested some other options for linking but same results.
0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
Check $LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Normally, the startup script ifortvars.sh set this environmental variable. Sometimes, especially if MKL was installed separately from IFORT, the MKL directory is not appended to LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Once you find the correct setting for LD_LIBRARY_PATH, you can put the changes into ifortvars.sh.

Alternatively, use the -rpath linker option.
0 Kudos
elquin
Beginner
Thank you.
But I'm sorry but I don't understand your suggestions.
It would be great if more detail with example.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
If your original choice of lp64 library (32-bit integer arguments) was correct, you shouldn't be switching to ilp64 (64-bit integers) unless you have made the corresponding changes to your MKL function calls.
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is the linux environment variable for finding shared libraries at run time. For whatever reason, I believe the spelling is different in MAC OS, e.g. DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH. If you set up your MKL environment correctly accoring to the mklvars script, (or the compilervars script, if installed as part of an Intel compiler installation), this would be taken care of as far as the MKL supplied libraries are concerned.
0 Kudos
elquin
Beginner
Thank you.
After export the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH, the dyld error about 'libmkl_intel_ilp64.dylib' is corrected.
However, using

LIB = -L$(MKLROOT)/lib -lmkl_intel_ilp64 -lmkl_intel_thread -lmkl_core -lpthread
after type 'make' on command line,
dyld: Library not loaded: libiomp5.dylib
Referenced from: /Developer/opt/intel/composerxe-2011.1.122/mkl/lib/libmkl_intel_thread.dylib
Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

I found that intel_ilp64.dylib and libiomp5.dylib is not in same directory.
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
Regarding libiomp5.dylib - this is the expected behaviour for the version of MKL integrated intoIntel C++/Fortran Compiler Professional Edition or IntelC++/Fortran Composer XE.
By the default OpenMP libraries (libiomp5.dylib, libiomp5.a) used byMKL are not in/lib directory as in previous versions. They areunder the Intel compiler lib directory now.
--Gennady
0 Kudos
elquin
Beginner
Thank you.
What I still struggle is that when I export the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to ../mkl/lib, the above error, 'libiomp5.dylib' comes out.
After exporting the PATH to ..compiler/lib, the intel_ilp64.dylib error comes.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
It is better to supply absolute paths (strung together with ':' as separator, if more than one) for PATH, DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH, etc., because a relative path such as ../mkl/lib becomes invalid immediately after changing to some other directory.
0 Kudos
elquin
Beginner
Thank you.
I'm really sorry but I'm not good at Linux or Mac system.
If someone can tell me a little bit more detail how it works, it would really help.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
You take on the responsibility of understanding the issues involved, if you don't follow the documented procedure for setting the environment variables. If you don't find adequate documentation for MacOS, that counts in my book as a deficiency in comparison with linux.
0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
It would be great if more detail with example.

You should read the relevant documentation, or take one of the hundreds of tutorials available on the Web.
0 Kudos