Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6956 Discussions

mkl_sparse_z_create_csr. How to delete matrix handle

marcsolal
Beginner

I am fighting with memory leaks in some sparse matrix code. It looks I have some memory leak which is linked to the creation (or non destruction) of a matrix handle. I  have some very simple questions. I could not find an answer in the documentation, so I am asking here. Here is the question.

I am constructing a sparse matrix using:

sparse_matrix_t A;
 sparse_status_t ok=mkl_sparse_z_create_csr (&A,SPARSE_INDEX_BASE_ONE,nRows,nCols,ia,ia+1,ja,z);

The handle A is generated for the complex array z and the integer arrays ia and ja. I am trying to understand if the data in the arrays is copied in some new arrays or if the handle A refers to the original arrays. If I remember correctly. A refers to the original arrays but I would like to check. My current code keeps the arrays and does not delete them. 

I am also trying to understand what happens when I destroy the matrix using  the function mkl_sparse_destroy. Assuming arrays ia,ja and z are referred to by the handle, are these arrays deleted when I use mkl_sparse_destroy or do I need to delete them? As you can understand, I am trying to remove memory leaks.

Thanks for helping.

Marc

0 Kudos
5 Replies
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Marc,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you please confirm if you have priority support?

If yes, we suggest you please post your question on https://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
marcsolal
Beginner

Yes I have priority support. I was thinking this question should interest everybody. Also, I was hoping for a fast response. I used to get very fast responses here. I am posting on priority support.

Thanks

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Marc,

>>I am posting on priority support.

Could you please confirm if we can close this thread from our end as you are posting this issue on priority support?

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
marcsolal
Beginner

You can close if you wish as long as I will get a response from support.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Marc,

>>You can close..

Thanks for the confirmation.

Since you have opened an issue in OSC we are going ahead and closing this issue here considering this as a duplicate query.

Have a Nice Day!

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos