Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

pardiso_read_ooc_file: Read error

sagarmatha
Beginner
Hi,
I got a read error while running OOC PARDISO. Could you please help me on what's missing here?
1. I followed the MKL manual
2. added environmental variable MKL_PARDISO_OOC_MAX_CORE_SIZE=2000.
3. iparm(3)=1, MKL_NUM_THREADS=1, iparm(60)=1 others are
iparm(1) = 1, iparm(2) = 2, , iparm(8) = 9 , iparm(10) = 13 ,iparm(11) = 1 , iparm(18) = -1 , iparm(19) = -1, iparm(20) = 0, iparm(27)=1
calling seqence is :
phase= 11
call pardiso
phase=22
call pardiso
iparm(8)=2
phase=33
call pardiso
phase=-1
call pardiso

The error is coming after and it says
pardiso_read_ooc_file: Read error
***Error in PARDISO error_num=0
and I can see ooc_temp files in the directory.. ooc_temp.ind ~50 MB, others being 0 KB.

thanks a lot
sagarm

Win xp sp3 32-bit

Intel core 2 2 ghz, 2 gb ram

Microsoft Visual Studio 2008

Version 9.0.30729.1 SP

Intel Visual Fortran Compiler Integration Package ID: w_cprof_p_11.1.035

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
Just a suspicion: do you have enough free space for the temporary files that are to be created? I have seen read errors caused in such circumstances when a truncated file is written because the program ran out of file space, and the file was then read.
0 Kudos
sagarmatha
Beginner
Yes I have a plenty of free space.
0 Kudos
Alexander_K_Intel2
Hi,

Please, try to reduceMKL_PARDISO_OOC_MAX_CORE_SIZE, because you computer has 2 gb RAM and part of it used by Windows and so on. If it doesn't resolve the problem could you send testcase to us that could be compiled and executed to investigate the issue?
With best regards,
Alexander Kalinkin
0 Kudos
sagarmatha
Beginner
Alexander, reducing MKL_PARDISO_OOC_MAX_CORE_SIZE didn't help on the particular problem.
But I tried tests on changing size of the problem and solving using PARDISO. I think, the error has to do with the size of the problem and this machine(?). For example:
When I run a case -size of 89373*89373 with 2368869 non-zeros, the OOC pardiso runs okay.
But for a case like-size of 238521*238521with 6397399 non-zeros, the OOC pardiso returned Read error.

Any advise ?

thanks
sagarm
0 Kudos
Alexander_K_Intel2
HiSagarm,

The problem is really specific and to investigate it I need to have testcase to reproduce. Could you send us some testcase with such error that could read your matrix from file or construct it internally? It could be really useful for us.
With best regards,
Alexander Kalinkin
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
Hi sagarm,
this is an unknown problem for the latest version of MKL and we would like to investigate the cause of the problem.
Could you give us these data for reproducing the problem?You can just send us the link.
You can choose the private thread while sending this link!
--Gennady
0 Kudos