Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
2466 Discussions

tbb::parallel_pipeline, nested tbb::parallel_for

Timocafé
Beginner

Dear Intel devs,

TBB is a wonderfull library, thank you for all your work. I am currently experimenting, features of the library, that I have never tested. The pipeline package. I am currently chaining series of functor that can be "fat" in ressource computation, and which are already parallelized with a tbb::parallel_for. From my knowledge, it is not an issue. The thread pool of the parallel for and the parallel_pipeline should be common.

So is it reasonable to make a filter with a nested tbb::parallel_for inside ?

Same question, for the tbb::graph_flow library (tbb::parallel_for into a node) ?

Thank you 

++t

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alexei_K_Intel
Employee

Yes, you can use any TBB parallel algorithms inside another TBB parallel algorithm. Typically, it makes sense when outer level parallelism is not enough to utilize the system but each parallel work part is big enough to be paralleled.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alexei_K_Intel
Employee

Yes, you can use any TBB parallel algorithms inside another TBB parallel algorithm. Typically, it makes sense when outer level parallelism is not enough to utilize the system but each parallel work part is big enough to be paralleled.

0 Kudos