Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

Activate Intel vpro with multiple landesk core servers, Zero-Touch method (delayed)

sgome6
Beginner

Hi all,

we want activate vpro with certificate ZeroTouch in the next escenario:

four landesk core servers in the same domain, thousands of devices distributed in these four landesk servers,

all devices have the landesk agent. We have not dns register "proviionserver" .

I have read this:

and this from intel vpro sdk:

Readind these documents, landesk agent comunicate with intel amt through Management engine interface driver, no actions is requiered, the landesk console comunicate with landesk agent in computer with intel amt, landeks agent comunicate with intel amt , open amt network interface and starts sending hello packets to activate vpro...

In this point I have some questions, as you know we have four landesk servers, and we don't have dns register "provisionserver",

when intel amt send hello packets because landesk agent ask to start configuration,

so, ¿What server will receive the "hello" package?

I suppose that if I have computer1 with landesk agent from server1, the intel amt of computer1 will send the ´"hello" packet to server1 and this server will configure intel vpro in computer1.

If computter23 has landesk agent from server4, computer23 will send "hello" packet to server4,....

and so on with all devices, depends where device have landesk agent from, they will send "helo" packet to their landesk server..

Is correct my supose? will do vpro activation in this way? Thanks very muck for you time.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Salvador,

Recommend having just one server for AMT provisioning. The "provisionserver" alias is required for AMT provisioning. Zero Touch configuration requires a 3rd party certificate and can be setup by following the LANDesk User Guide. The Management Engine Interface, LMS, and SOL drivers are also required. Once all requirements are met, deploy the LANDesk agent on the AMT machines. During the provisioning process the client FW looks for this alias.

After the systems are provisioned, you can use any LANDesk console to manage the devices.

0 Kudos
sgome6
Beginner

Hi Minh, thanks for your answer.

There are some points I don`t understand:

as you know all our systems have already been deployed, all with landesk agent, in four landesks servers, but have not yet been amt provisioned,

- Do we need re-deploy landesk agent in all my devices??

If I have 4 landesk core servers, I need another one just to provisioning amt in all devices?

If so, I have 8000 devices distributed in these four servers with landesk agent like now we have,

and also we are going to have 8000 devices agentless in the new landesk core server used only for provisioning amt.

Have to be this way or is ther another way?

0 Kudos
sgome6
Beginner

Hi, I would like add this coments:

We have already this: intel management engine interface driver and landesk agent installed in all our systems And we want to do next:

buy the goddady ceertificate, install in our four landesk core servers,

set intel vpro password in the landesk consoles - intel vpro options

and nothing more, we think that the remote configuration with local agent - delayed - will happen, I hope.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Salvador,

Using one of the existing Servers will work. Looks like you have many systems in your environment. I could guide you through the process. Please go to our Intel Customer Service site and open a ticket. Provide your contact information and I will work with you.

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/ http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/

Choose Software Products > Manageability Products > Intel vPro Technology.

0 Kudos