Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

Any plans for an Active Management Technology Add-on for Microsoft System Center Config Mgr 2007?

SWood7
Novice

Are there any plans to release an AMT Add-on for the next generation of SMS 2003, System Center Config Mgr 2007? We're just finalizing our rollout of SCS and want to integrate it with our system management infrastructure.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoshHilliker
Employee

Here's what Matt posted.

The SMS 2003 Intel AMT Add-on is not supported on SCCM; however, Intel will continue to provide support for Intel AMT Add-on on SMS 2003 in alignment with Microsoft's SMS 2003 product lifecycle.

+Microsoft will provide native support for vPro AMT v3 features and provisioning in SCCM 2007 with the implementation of SCCM SP1 expected Q2 2008. To provide backward compatibility for vPro and Centrino Pro AMT v2.x clients, Intel will provide a SCCM WS-Translator which is expected to release around the same time as SCCM SP1. Other then the WS-Translator, Intel currently has no plans to provide an Add-On for SCCM. +

http://communities.intel.com/thread/1193?tstart=0

0 Kudos
SWood7
Novice

Thanks Josh, this is good information. I like that the vPro functionality will be integrated into SCCM 2007 SP1 and beyond. SMS has sorely needed this for a long time. The referenced post has a link to a Solution Brief that fills in the blanks for me. This will change my SCS / SMS integration plans to just SCS for now. Thanks for the update and full speed ahead.

0 Kudos