Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

Dc7700 small form factor AMT error aborting

HSaee1
Beginner

I have changed the RAMS, changed boot order, disabled network boot, startup repair, memory diagnostic tool, but nothing is fixing the issue.

i have a HP Compaq dc7700p small form factor.

after the AMT error, it goes to windows starting which takes me back to the AMT error and then I’m prompted to the Windows Error recovery page where I can either launch startup repair or start windows normally.

in the repair screen, it completes its checks but is not able to determine the cause of problem.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JoseH_Intel
Hello HSaee1, Thank you for joining the community. At any point during POST are you able to see some prompt telling something like Press Ctrl + R to enter WEBX or similar? That will take you to the AMT BIOS screen where you can enable or disable the AMT capabilities of the computer. I suspect this issue might be related to the Management Engine and its driver thus making the OS to crash. Will look forward for your updates. Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
HSaee1
Beginner
Hi Jose. No there’s no option for WEBX or CTRL+R. The options I see on startup are the usual F9, F10, F12. I’ve checked the BIOS and there isn’t anything in the settings regarding AMT or management engine. Not sure what to do now. At this point I would’ve just installed a new version of Windows, but there is some data which I don’t want to lose... not sure what to do Thank you, Best Regards Hassan Saeed
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello HSaee1, By any chance have you tried to, or does it allow you to boot up to Safe Mode? Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello HSaee1, Do you have any updates, questions or comments in regards to this issue? Please do not hesitate to contact us back. If you consider the issue to be completed please let us know so we can proceed to mark this thread as resolved. Regards Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
HSaee1
Beginner
Hey Jose yeah sorry mate the problem evolved to a cat5 vídeo memory error. So I have bought a new desktop... the one I have, is now listed for spares or repair. Best Regards Hassan Saeed
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello HSaee1, Thanks for the feedback. In such case we will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and create a new topic. Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos