Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

Extract drivers as sys/inf files from infinst_autol.exe executable?

KenLloyd
Employee

I have a customer setting up a driver respository for their standard platforms. They need the drivers in the repository to be in sys/inf format for automatic builds on the target platforms. The Intel chipset driver is only available as an exe. Is there a way to get the inf type driver files from the exe?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello,

When you run the executable file, it will extract the file into a temporary folder.

Assuming that you are using an Intel (R) Desktop Board.

What you can do is:

- Run the exe file and give it some time to extract the file contents.

- Show all files from folder options and make sure hidden is disabled.

- Go to directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp

I think it will ipmx2

- Copy the whole contents to another place as once you cancelled the installation, it will be reomoved as well.

All the best,

Kind Regards,

Aryan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ken,

Another way of doing it is by running the command below from run:

x:/INF_allOS_9.1.1.1025_PV.exe -a

-A Extracts the INF files and Readme to either "C:\Program Files\Intel\InfInst" or the directory specified using the '-P' flag. The software will NOT install these INF files to the system. This flag can be combined only with the '-P' flag. All other options will be ignored if the '-A' flag is

specified. This flag works in Interactive Mode only.

All the best,

Kind Regards,

Aryan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Many Many thanks for the answer....it s been a year i was suffering from this problem..

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

THANKS a LOT, EVEN AFTER 2 YEARS.

windows s.c.k anyway

0 Kudos
HAI_N_Intel
Employee

Hello K_Lloyd and all.

I have been googling same topic and found a quick way to extract files from .exe file. You just open the "INF_allOS_9.x.y.z" with 7-Zip http://www.7-zip.org/ http://www.7-zip.org/ and "extract the files/folders" from 7Zip or drag and drop all of the files/folders to your desk top etc.. Hope this helps other folks who search for same topic.

0 Kudos
AWrig3
Beginner

I have been trying to get the sys/inf files for use with backup software boot media.

None of the methods in this thread are working for me. When I try the -a switch on the .exe it loads up the installer and throws the error the parameter is not recognized.

7zip extracts the .exe into a bunch of extensionless files that are of no use.

What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
JSuit
Beginner

Since this has been hanging here for a while, the answer is in the readme text files of the installers.

In short, add the -extract parameter to the installer along with the desired path. Example: setup.exe -extract "C:\My path"

0 Kudos