Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

How can I disable AMT user consent?

APela2
Beginner

We are depoloying over 1500 HP desktops and would like to disable the user consent option so we can remotely configure and manage these devices without having the end user provide the consent code.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JoseH_Intel
Hello APela2, Thank you for joining the community. User consent is mandatory for Intel AMT 6.2 and higher devices if they are configured in Client Control mode. Thus, if you want to remove the user consent requirement, you must configure these devices in Admin Control mode. Admin Control modes are manually setting up MEBx on the system itself, using the local USB method or through the ACUconfig.exe configurator. For more detail info about the Host-based configuration method, Manual configuration and how to disable User Consent go to https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/Intel_SCS_User_Guide.pdf sections 1.4.1, 1.4.2 and 1.5.6 Hope this helps Regards. Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
APela2
Beginner
0 Kudos
Minus6
Beginner

Hello JoseH

I installed ACUconfig and tried to disable User Consent through Configure via Windows but this option wasnt there to change.

I tried to unconfigure it but as per your answer in another topic this puts me straight to CCM.

As this machine is 3h drive now from our office it would be problemtic to visit the site.

Is there a way for me to Configure via Windows and select Admin Control Mode and disable user consent?

Kind regards

Damian

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello APela2, I am glad to hear that the info was helpful. Do you have any further questions or comments in regards to this issue or can we proceed to mark this thread as resolved? Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
APela2
Beginner
You can close the ticket. Thank you.
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello APela2, Its been a pleasure to assist you. We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and create a new topic. Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos