Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2835 Discussions

How to mass change the "Idle Timeout" setting in the mBEX -> Intel ME General Settings -> Power Control -> Idle Timeout?

KStoy
Beginner

Hello guys,

I have a couple of hundred PCs all with configured AMT but I forgot (actually didn't know at the time that it will hurt me later) to change the Idle Timeout to 65535 minutes. So is there a way to do it fast (auto?/script?) and not go trough 200+ PCs manually? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JoseH_Intel

Hello KStoy,

I understand your point.

What happens at this moment is when you do a mass provisioning using the SCS software it requires a PKI certificate that you need to purchase from a certificate authority. Without this it is not possible to enable the RCS server as it will ask for the CA every time you try to do something to a system.

I think MeshCommander has some more features than IMC and you contact its developer and probably he might be able to assist you with scripting.

Good luck

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello KStoy,

Thank you for joining the community

There could be a way to do a mass deployment of the AMT profile update but it actually depends on the current configuration you have. If you have a RCS server configured you could create an updated xml profile and deploy it to the systems using the RCS command line tool.

You can doublecheck the SCS user guide and deployment guide for reference.

It is also possible to do it if you have SCCM integrated in a similar way.

Could you tell how do you have all these 200+ system configured?

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
KStoy
Beginner

Thank you for the replay Jose.

I haven't configured a RCS server neither integrated SCCM. The way I provisioned these 200+ systems is (and I'm ashamed to say this) going with a keyboard and a monitor one by one and configuring the mBEX manually. I thought there might be a fast and easy way with 3rd party software like MeshCommander or something (that has scripting stuff that can run on many PCs) but I guess it's not that easy. Considering I could change quite a lot of options trough HTTP or using other software (IMC or MeshCommander) it's quite disappointing I can't change the Idle Timeout in similar manner. I guess I'll just go trough all PCs one by one again and just change that variable since at this point I imagine that would be the faster way to do it with the least learning curve.

Anyway thanks again Jose for your fast response!

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello KStoy,

I understand your point.

What happens at this moment is when you do a mass provisioning using the SCS software it requires a PKI certificate that you need to purchase from a certificate authority. Without this it is not possible to enable the RCS server as it will ask for the CA every time you try to do something to a system.

I think MeshCommander has some more features than IMC and you contact its developer and probably he might be able to assist you with scripting.

Good luck

Jose A.

0 Kudos