Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

IAMT with extended partitions

idata
Employee

Hi,

I'm testing around with Active Management with an Intel Core i5-760 (as client) and the MDTK (as console).

I tried to map a drive by the way described here (/docs/DOC-4785 http://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-4785) using SOL/IDER and the linux-image.

At my first computer there is a first partition as the 100mb primary bootpartition of win7, on primary partition 2 is windows 7 installed and primary partition 3 is for data. All three partitions are mapped correctly, so everything is fine.

At the second computer there is a first partition as the 100mb primary bootpartition of win7 and an extended partition which contains a logical partition with the installation of windows 7 and another logical partition for data. But with this, something went wrong.

Computer displays:

1) /dev/sda1 * 1 13 104391 7 HPFS/NTFS

2) /dev/sda2 ERROR CREATING A SHARE FOR THIS DEVICE

With trying net use command only the folder sda1 is available, which seems to be the bootpartition of Win7. The only difference I can match between both settings is the extended partition in system 2.

Doesn't Intel AMTv6 support extended partitions (I can't find any hint) or is there another setting I just forgot?

Giving you my regards

Daniel Sprenger

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Daniel, sorry for the late reply.

The error you are getting is from the Linux mount command for that partition. AMT does not play a role at this point. Could you send me a screen shot from Disk Management showing the layout of your drive? I'd like to set up a system here to duplicate your problem and see why mount is generating an error. I've not seen a drive partition show this error before.

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi John.

Hi Daniel, sorry for the late reply.

Don't worry, thanks for your help.

I've zipped some (german) screenshots of both setups and attached them.

Looking forward to reading from you.

Daniel

idata
Employee

Thanks Daniel.

I will take a look at these and let you know what I find.

John

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

some news on this?

Daniel

0 Kudos