Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2878 Discussions

Intel AMT self signed certificate - Issues with USBFile.exe

coberto
Beginner

Hi All,

I have been setting up Intel AMT / vPro in my testing environment at work, and I have successfully installed EMA Server successfully and running in CCM.

I am needing to use ACM - have tried using our pre-existing DigiCert account however we don't have the feature to add vPro extended properties on our account.

Regardless I am facing an issues where I cannot use the USBFile.exe tool to create a setup.bin file for our own CA's SHA256 hash.

Can anyone lend some assistance on how to get the USBFile.exe tool working?

I've followed a couple of guides, and I'm stuck with:

"Failed to load libcrypto.dll - Can't compute hash algorithm SHA256 for file: certificate.cer.

Failed to process command line parameters."

I have tried on multiple computer's and have installed VC_redist.x64 + OpenSSL Light and moved the libcrypto.dll file into the folder however it's not recognizing it even after renaming the file?

My command line is : "USBFile.exe -create setup.bin password password -hash certificate.crt "Custom AMT Root CA" sha256" (the password has been changed for this purpose

For reference :

LibCrypto from OpenSSL V3.3.1 Light is being used.

Latest AMT SDK.

Latest Version of EMA Server

Have tried on Windows 11 & Windows 10 same error with both.

coberto_0-1717567138046.png

coberto_1-1717567239645.png

I have exported the .cer from our Root CA which is our local domain controller, and still facing the issue. Is it a problem with the libcrypto.dll, or with the .cer file itself.

Also going forward, if this does work could someone provide clear steps on what to do next to get the device to recognise the SHA256 hash?

E.g do I load the machine into the MEBx UI, and have the usb flash drive plugged in and it will pick up the setup.bin file?

Am I doing this wrong or is this still the only way to enable a SHA256 hash into the MEBx?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Regards

Rob

0 Kudos
1 Solution
smaki
Novice

Hello Rob,

Are you using Win32 version of OpenSSL (libcrypto-3.dll)? It seems to be Win64 version.

USBFile.exe requires Win32 version because it is 32bit application.

regards,

smaki

View solution in original post

2 Replies
smaki
Novice

Hello Rob,

Are you using Win32 version of OpenSSL (libcrypto-3.dll)? It seems to be Win64 version.

USBFile.exe requires Win32 version because it is 32bit application.

regards,

smaki

coberto
Beginner

Perfect!

Thanks for that!

Can't believe I didn't realise I was it could of been that.... I guess the readme doesn't mention anything about it being a 32-bit application.

I've successfully setup PKI + ACM with a self signed certificate once I downloaded the 32-bit OpenSSL .dll's.

Thanks Everyone.

0 Kudos