Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

Intel-SA-00086 console and GUI don't work

CStan4
Beginner

I tried to use your detection tools, but neither the GUI nor the console one does work on my laptop. Both of the programs crash.

Sorry, but my Windows runs with german language, therfor the error messages are in german too.

Has anyone the same problems as me?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
flast23
Novice

Hi,

Did you run it as an Administrator?

jfg

0 Kudos
MWill24
Beginner

Hi,

Isn't correct that Intel SA-00086 Detection Tool gui/console only running on a Windows OS English language.

I found out that the tool is not running on a Windows OS Dutch language, change to English no problem

Processor Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710MQ CPU @ 2.50GHz

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional English

Intel SA-00075 Detection Tool gui/console is working on Windows OS Dutch language but it create not correct registry entry's

So SA-00086 Detection Tool is not MUI, correct?

Sorry for my poor English writing

0 Kudos
TŁagu
Beginner

This does not work for any PC in our company (~30 PCs). GUI tool process crashes just after executed, and console tool behaves the same as in OP's screenshots.

I tried to fully remove Polish region and language, switched to United States and English everywhere and it still doesn't work.

We don't have non-ASCII characters in windows user names.

Windows 10 64 bit 16299.125, various MB: (Dell Laptops, Asrock H170M PRO4, MSI Z170M MORTAR - newest BIOS everywhere).

0 Kudos
KenF_Intel

Hi all,

I will see what I can find out about these issues.

It would speed up the process if you could give me a rough translation of the errors that are being thrown.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
MWill24
Beginner

Hi,

On my side

With SA-00086 Detection Tool gui you see view moments the circle, but you see no reporting and no any settings in the registry

With SA-00086 Detection Tool console you see on de dos prompt that the tool is running but when is finish, no reporting and no any settings in the registry.

Both tools is runnig with admin rights

0 Kudos
TŁagu
Beginner

I think, I have found error. In method DiscoveryTool.FileExtractor.Extract(string directoryName, bool localization) you assume that Administrators' group name is "Administrators". For example in polish it is: "Administratorzy" so the group doesn't exist and System.Security.Principal.IdentityNotMappedException is raised. Group SID is constant so it should have been used: S-1-5-32-544

YGeni
Beginner

Interresting... Yes I use non-english Win10SL Russian and Win7 Russian. Maybe ya right. But what can I do?

0 Kudos
KenF_Intel

Thanks Tlaguz. I have forwarded your findings to our engineering team.
0 Kudos
LBons
Beginner

Hi! I have the same error and I have reported it in the Microsoft forum but I think this is a Microsoft update error

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1d351bb3-9565-4dbd-8a13-e950d4726079/intelsa00086-runtime-error?forum=win10itprogeneral Intel-SA-00086 runtime error

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi all,

A new version of the SA-00086 Detection Tool is available. It has the fix for the problem with some non-english systems.

You can download the new version from https://downloadcenter-origin.intel.com/download/27150?v=t https://downloadcenter-origin.intel.com/download/27150?v=t

Please try the new version and let us know if you still encounter issues with the tool.
YGeni
Beginner

It still the same version.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Something may be off with the link above. Please copy and paste this URL into your browser. It should take you to the new version (1.0.0.152).

https://downloadcenter-origin.intel.com/download/27150

If it doesn't work for some reason then try clearing your browser cache.

It's also possible that our remote download servers have not updated their version of the download. Try waiting 3-4 hours to see if the new version starts to show up.

Sorry for inconvenience.
0 Kudos
YGeni
Beginner

It's ok for now. Thanks Intel.

0 Kudos