Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

IntelSCS Upgrade Issues v8.2.0.19 -> 9.0.23.10 / 0xc000028f

WEite
Beginner

Hi.

I have some serious issues when upgrading to latest SCS. While the upgrade process itself performed good (also the database upgrade completed without errors) I have 2 huge issues:

1. SCS Console cannot read my profile anymore. It shows the error "Failed to get list of Profiles. File decryption failed. Failed to decrypt profile data (0xc000028f).

2. I am unable to view my provisioned systems. When I go to Monitoring -> Systems, right click on "All Systems" and select "Show Systems" nothing happens. Tested on SCS Console local and remotely:

I downgraded and upgraded again without success. Rolling back to old version now...Any help would be kindly appreciated.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Alan_A_Intel
Employee

Hi UU0113,

So just to be clear, when upgrading your RCS server from version 8 to version 9, did you upgrade the existing RCS server or install version 9 onto a new server?

-Alan

0 Kudos
WEite
Beginner

Hi Alan,

I upgraded directly onto the existing server installation.

best,

Wolfgang

0 Kudos
Alan_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Wolfgang,

Can you please provide both the SCSInstaller.log and the SCSInstallerMSI.log? These will help determine what's going wrong.

Thanks.

-Alan

0 Kudos
WEite
Beginner
0 Kudos
Alan_A_Intel
Employee

Thank you. I will look these over and see what I can find.

0 Kudos
PMaer
Beginner

Hi Alan,

we are currently facing the same problem. Please see attached file for the logs.

best regards

Patrick

0 Kudos
EWhea
Beginner

Have the same exact issue here regarding updating to 9 from 8.2. Upgrade completed fine but when launching the console my profile list shows the above error from original poster. any update on fix?

0 Kudos
PMaer
Beginner

Hello Edub20,

I opened a ticket and got an answer:

"The behavior that you are observing during the upgrade is known issue. This is planned to be fixed in the next SCS release.

Meanwhile, to work around this issue, Here is the flow:

For the 8.2 to 9.0.23 step, log out of administrator account, then log back in as the RCSservice account.

Then run the 9.0.23 installer…

After the install is complete, log out of the RCS account, and back in using administrator account.

Launch the SCS console and you should be able to see my profiles!"

This workaround worked for me!

regards

Patrick

0 Kudos
WEite
Beginner

The issue was investigated by intel dev team. Answer as follows:

Intel® Business Support Request 5464

"The developers have root caused this issue. It happens when the user account dedicated for the RCS has never logged into the computer where the upgrade will be performed. They are working on a fix that will be in the next version of the upgrade (8.x -> 9.1). Until then, the work around is to log into the computer where the upgrade will be performed at least one time before actually performing the upgrade (either remote desktop or standard windows login)."

I performed the update successful with the following steps: - added my dedicated service user CORP\vpro user to "Enterprise Admins" and "Remote Desktop Users" - logged in as CORP\vpro via RDP - performed updated successful This time no Visual C++ error occured and everything is working as expected. Removed the user from those groups afterwards of course

0 Kudos
GKour
Beginner

I have issue # 2 on a clean new install. It seems that after the system count rises above a certain number, the query times out returning results.

0 Kudos
FKöni
Beginner

I have the same issue. Right click over any view > 250 computers and it returns nothing. Did you figure out how to solve this? Im running a clean installation (9.1.1.125)

Thanks!

0 Kudos