Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2835 Discussions

Is there a dual port NIC add-in card that will also support vPro / AMT?

sirnumpty
Beginner

Is there a dual port NIC card that will also support vPro / AMT such that we can move to fault tolerant NICs using just the dual port NIC and still have AMT functionality?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello sirnumpty,

Thank you for joining the community

Could you tell what kind of system do you want to manage through this dual NIC PCI adapter? Is this for a desktop or workstation system? Dual port NICs are common for server systems but not that much on desktops where vPro/AMT is a preferred management feature.

I was able to find this Intel Ethernet Connection I219-LM which seems to be one of the few ones AMT capable but it is single port only.

You can do a search under Ark.intel.com but it is not possible to do a search by feature on ethernet products, so it needs to be done one by one manually.

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
sirnumpty
Beginner

Hi Jose

We're looking for an option where we can add network fault tolerance (e.g. to a switch failure) to Dell Precision 5820s / 7820s and other high-end Dell Precision workstations while maintaining oob management via vPro.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello sirnumpty,

I am not familiar with Dell workstations, but is there any remote management system like iDRAC or HP iLO, or Intel RMM4? Such remote management solutions are more powerful than vPro/AMT which is mainly intended for desktop computers.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello sirnumpty,

I am just following up to double check if you were able to gather the requested information. Otherwise let us know if you require more time to accomplish this. If you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask. If you consider the issue to be completed please let us know so we can proceed to mark this ticket as resolved. This support interaction will be marked as resolved automatically in the next 72 hours if no activity is received.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello sirnumpty,

We will proceed to mark this thread as closed. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and create a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos