Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Required: Tool to deactivate AMT - code to do same.

I have a requirement to deactive the AMT setting on 2500 + workstations.

The problem is that the sol devive is conflicting with a 3rd party peripheral.

What I would like to know is if there is a way to set the manageability mode fromAMT back to none - in effetc reversion the process carried out by the activator utility.

I have not had any sucess finding a suitbale utility - I was hoping that the code used in the activator utiluity could be modified to chnage the end state to None.

Alternatively is there a way to force the SOL devive to use a specific port number.

I would really appreciate your assistance with this.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Salem_W_Intel1
Employee

Hi, there!

Regretfully, there is no shuch tool/utility by means of which AMT can be disabled. I do appreciate your feedback and will make sure your comment reaches the proper department for future consideration. As for now, to disable AMT, please, follow these manual steps:

1. Boot the system to the BIOS

2. Go to the 'Intel ME' Tab

3. Enter Intel(R) Management Engine Password and type a new password. The password must be at least 8 digits, numbers, upper case and lower case letters and an special character.

4. There will be a pop-up message where it indicates the password is successfully changed; you just need to press 'enter'

5. Enter the Intel(R) Management Engine Configuration

6. On Manageability Feature, there are 3 options [None, Intel(R) AMT, ASF], and select 'None'.

7. Save the changes and exit BIOS.

idata
Community Manager

Hi ChrisNZ,

Let's gather a bit more info to see what options we have:

what version of AMT are you working with?

Have these systems been provisioned?

idata
Community Manager

Josh,

no they have not been fully provisioned. the versions are 3.0.1 and 5.0.3.

idata
Community Manager

Thanks Chris, we are currently looking into this and I will keep you up to date as I get more info.

Josh

idata
Community Manager

Hi Chris,

For your 3.x clients, try the COMPORT.EXE tool attached to this thread: /message/8057# 8057 http://communities.intel.com/message/8057# 8057 (example: c:\COMPORT.EXE COM4)

For the 5.x clients, try this switch when installing or reinstalling the driver: setup.exe -port

here are the available switches when installing LMSSOL:

These 2 options should allow for you to move the SOL comport to one that you specify.

hope this helps!

Josh