Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

vPro on an Asus P7Q57-M DO/CSM

idata
Employee

I am trying to get an AsusP7Q57-M DO/CSM system to pass the 2010 vPro Brand Verification Tool tests. It pass all test except one.

The error that I get is "TPM NVM Locked must be true"

I cannot figure out how to change this setting. Any ideas?

Thanks all!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Did you find a solution for your problem? It seems that I have the same problem as you do: /thread/12045 http://communities.intel.com/thread/12045

Jianjun_H_Intel
Employee

This may caused by Trusted Platform Module (TPM) Non-Volatile RAM (NVRAM) Locked did not have the flag set. I would suggest you going back to Asus for a workaround to fix it.

idata
Employee

I have contacted Asus and they have figured out the problem. They said that the Intel tool

Intel® Trusted Execution Technology ACM; txt-bin

Release Name: Intel® Trusted Execution Technology ACM for Clarkdale and Arrandale Processors - Production Version 1.0

Kit 20739 (Description: Intel® Trusted Execution Technology ACM for Clarkdale and Arrandale Processors - Production Version 1.0, Posted: 10/23/2009 4:49:23 PM)

fixes the problem. Asus is unsure of the legallity of providing me with this Intel made program, so they will not send it to me. I have tried finding it on Intel's download site, I have contacted my sales rep and I have called support at Intel and no one has helped me get a hold of this Intel program/tool yet.

I am hoping that since my Asus board and /message/88741 Siim's Intel® board are having the EXACT same problem, some one at Intel will finally decide to look into this issue.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

can I ask: why do you care if it passes this test?

Are you going to be using Txt?

This ACM modules won't help -- the board OEM should lock the TPM's NV index before shipping.

True, Intel ships some tools to do this with the BIOS kits for ACM modules, but these are references not end-user code.

You should be able to lock the nvram using a TSS stack, such as Troursers under Linux or the MSFT TPM management code.

0 Kudos