Items with no label
3335 Discussions

How to get SR300 working on Windows 10 Build 1703 - Including SDK Apps such as Segmentation (Updated 5/17/2017)

CSinl
Novice

Hello everyone!

Just as a reference, I am a Microsoft Engineer working off the books because I was directly affected by this issue since updating to Windows 10 Creators Update. Please note that this post does not reflect any of the opinions or views of this company and is completely of my own. The reason why I actually ended up working on this was because I am a Video Game Streamer on my leisure time when I am not working. I have confirmed this is a Intel Driver Issue for your reference.

With these steps I was able to get FULL functionality from my Razer Stargazer Webcam(SR300) after performing this fix/workaround. The reason why you can only use the imaging sensor is because the Virtual Driver is not actually installed. This should work in theory for Insider Builds as the same principle applies.

If you have the following item that is circled, this fix does not apply to you. But you should not have to do this if you aren't on the latest build of Windows 10.

Please ensure you are running the latest build of Windows 10. Windows 10 Version 1703 to be exact. Here is my OS Build for your reference. This is not a Insider Build. Results may vary if you are on a Insider Build.

EDIT (5/17/2017): I have tested this with the latest build, 15063.296

Step 1: Go to the Settings App and Ensure All Updates are Completed

EDIT: Once Completed, Open a Run Box (Windows Key + R) and type the following command:

SystemPropertiesHardware.Exe

In the Windows that appears, click "Device Installation Settings"

Then Select, "No, your device may not work as expected."

Side Note: Once Intel releases an actual fix, you can turn this back on at a later date.

Step 2: Open up the Device Manager. You can either access this by accessing a Run Prompt and typing "devmgmt.msc" in the field and click "ok" or right-click/windows key + "X"

to access it. Keep in mind that you do need Administrative Privileges.

Right-click and delete the highlighted drivers. Keep in mind, my machine is working, so I do have a SR300 Virtual Driver.

When prompted, ensure you delete the driver software for the devices. Check the box and say "Ok".

Step 3: Restart the Device

Step 4: Being Plug and Play enabled, wait for a notification in the Action Center or a toast notification to restart to complete a driver installation for a Intel RealSense device.

Step 5: Restart the device

Step 6: Download the following link: http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab

This is a troubleshooter to hide/block updates that can cause issues with Windows. Run the tool and high any Intel Realsense Drivers that are newer than

09/22/2016

Step 7: If already installed, remove DCM. Then Install DCM(Right-Click and Run as administrator.) Ensure you have the latest version of DCM installed. Firmware Update your camera if you can(It is not required.)

Step 8: Open up device manager and ensure all Imaging devices are underneath the Imaging Device Class. You should see the following:

Open up the Properties on the Depth Sensor Driver. Verify that it says the following:

Edit (5/17/2017:) If the driver is older than this, that is fine as well. If the driver is from 2006(which is should be if you properly deleted your drivers), please do the following:

Click on "Update Driver"

Click on "Browse my computer for driver software"

Click on "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"

Un-Check "Show Compatible Hardware"

Select "Intel" as the Manufacturer.

Select "Intel (R) Realsense(TM) Camera SR300 Driver and next

Restart the device afterward.

Step 9: Verify that Windows Hello works, Open Camera App, and even an app of your choice that may use the SDK.

I...

94 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Your PC's processor meets the minimum specification for RealSense, so the problem is not there. So please try this alternate method for installing the SR300 drivers that does not require the DCM program.

1. Go into the Device Manager and look in its Imaging Devices section. there should be up to three RealSense drivers listed there - RGB, Depth and Virtual Driver. You may only have some of these if a Depth Camera Manager program installation has failed.

2. Right-click on each of the RealSense drivers that are in the Imaging Devices section and select the Uninstall option to remove that driver from the Device Manager.

3. Unplug the camera, wait a couple of seconds and plug it back in.. When Windows detects the camera but sees that there are no RealSense drivers in Imaging Devices, it should then automatically download the RealSense drivers over the internet and automatically install them into the Imaging Devices section. This process should not take more than 30 seconds to complete.

0 Kudos
hbawa
Beginner

my camera is built in the lenovo 910,

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I apologize for not noticing the model of your computer in the log.

I would direct you to this post regarding built-in RealSense cameras on Lenovos.

0 Kudos
WKame
Beginner

It is absolutely a shame that a company like INTEL is NOT able to provide a simple install for an expensive camera of their own.

For 6 /!) months now I am waiting that the camera works on my system. I have tried every workaround I found in the www, but I do not even get the 3 drivers installed in the "Imaging devices". They simply do not show up. The only thing which is always there is the camera in the USB Devices. But unistalling or whatsoever: before the update to 1603 the camera worked perfectly.

No wonder people are moving to Macs because this missing cooperation between MS and Intel is beyond belive.

0 Kudos
chelman
Beginner

I have the very same problem! Creative Labs blames Intel, but offers no help! this is the most expensive but useless camera I've ever bought

0 Kudos
chelman
Beginner

Ditto! I have the very same problem and the same disgust for Creative Labs/Intel disdain for users!

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I'm genuinely sorry that you're still having problems with your drivers. I know that Intel and Microsoft did work together for months to try to fix the problems, but there did not seem to be a single certain cause for them. This meant that it was difficult to create a single solution that would work for everyone.

I posted a new workaround in the past week that worked for my SR300 problems personally. I know of one user it did not work for though, and it may not work with built-in cameras. It is at least one more thing to try though.

If that does not work and every other known workaround has failed, your last hope may be that the new Windows Fall Creators Update (version 1709, build 16299) fixes your problem.

0 Kudos
tkilo
Beginner

The following is just my experience of the SR300 camera not working. I haven't really read any other post apart from original post, so this may already have been mentioned beforehand.

Computer is an Acer laptop V15 Nitro was the Intel SR300 camera a standard built-in hardware feature. So not external.

On November 18 2017 I received the Windows 10 Fall Creators update from Microsoft. But I unfortunately experienced multiple stability issues after the update, including a completely non working Start Menu (although that is fixed for now).

So I checked to see if my camera was working or not....... it was not! It was returning errors like camera cannot be found.

Whether it was working or not under the first Win10 Creators update I cannot confirm, as I have not used the camera for a while. But I do know the SR300 was working at some point as I have tested it.

So anyway, how to fix? I tried updating the SR300's firmware using the latest software from Intel's download site for the SR300, but the firmware update always failed, the error was like in the screenshots in some of the recent posts above. I even uninstalled the device in 3 places in Device Manager (Cameras, Imaging devices, and Universal Serial Bus devices) and tried installing the latest firmware again, but no, it still failed to install. I even tried the camera driver from Acer's website for my laptop, but that failed too at first, as it wouldn't let me run the driver update because it said there was already newer driver software installed.

So here are the steps that finally got my SR300 working again for me on an Acer laptop.

1. Remove all traces of the SR300 in Device Manager by uninstalling any device with SR300 in its name. In my case there were entries for the SR300 in: Cameras, Imaging devices, and Universal Serial Bus devices.

2. Restart the laptop.

3. Checked device manager again, and no entries for the SR300, good. For some reason Plug and Play didn't try to detect the camera again when Windows started after the restart.

4. Ran the camera driver for my laptop downloaded from Acer's website. Result: The driver installation completed fully! No errors!

5. Tested SR300, and it's working again.

The driver I download from Acer was:

Date:2016/05/10

Version:14.18.10.486

Vendor:Intel

Now I don't know if a future Microsoft update is going to kill the SR300 again, but at least it's working for now and I don't have to waste any more of my valuable time on it.

The only issue I guess, is that I'm using older firmware software, but at least it's working.

Please Intel and Microsoft, fix this problem!!!!

DCope
Beginner

I purchased a new Win 10 Home HP AIO PC two months ago. It has an integral Intel RealSense SR300 camera, which worked great out of the box. Then Windows Update for Version 1709 caused the camera to stop working. I followed the instructions of removing all traces of the camera from device manager, rebooted and then installed a Realtek driver from the HP support site. This fixed the camera, but the real sense camera functions don't work. At least I can use the camera on Skype.

It is frustrating that the PC is less than three months old and the camera is already not supported by Intel.

0 Kudos
JGrün
Novice

Thanks a lot, mate

I experiensed the same camera-problem after receiving the 1803-update. Following your description brought my camera back to life, and it is now working 100%

0 Kudos
ipenglz
Beginner

good

0 Kudos