Items with no label
3335 Discussions

RealSense D415 - No Depth stream, but all the settings are the same as before

VT000
Beginner

Hello,

I have another problem with RealSense D415, I don't get a depth stream. The Viewer report is : Starting Depth stream failure.

The RGB and INFRA streams are fine.

Yesterday everything was OK, today no Depth stream.

All the settings are the same as before. I have tried all the USB ports on my laptop, also, I changed the USB cable, but nothing, still no depth frame.

Why is this happening?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello VT000, Could you please upgrade your SDK to the latest version, 2.19.1? Link here: https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/releases Also, the 'Settings" feature was not implemented in version 2.17, this is why you do not see it available. Thank you and best regards, Eliza

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
27 Replies
VT000
Beginner

I also tried from USB 3 port, but the problem is the same.

0 Kudos
VT000
Beginner

The same problem is with the D435.

0 Kudos
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello VT000, Thank you for your interest in the Intel RealSense D415 camera. Could you please uninstall the drivers from Device Manager for the camera? You should see them under "Imaging Devices". Please use the USB3 port when doing this. After you have uninstalled the drivers, please unplug and re-plug the camera to the USB3 port and check again the RealSese Viewer. Thank you and best regards, Eliza
0 Kudos
VT000
Beginner

Hello Eliza,

Thank you for the quick response. I did exactly like you suggest me, but still nothing. No depth stream.

Also, I tried the D435 camera too, the problem is exactly the same.

0 Kudos
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello VT000, This is a strange behavior. Do you happen to have another device where you can test the cameras? If on the other computer you do not see this problem, the root cause of the issue might be the USB ports. Another thing you can try is to upgrade the firmware for both cameras to the latest release (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28568/Latest-Firmware-for-Intel-RealSense-D400-Product-Family?v=t) by following this guide: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology/Windows-RealSense-D400-DFU-Guide.pdf Thank you and best regards, Eliza
0 Kudos
VT000
Beginner

Hello Eliza,

Both cameras has the latest firmwares.

I don't have another computer with USB 3 port.

Can I delete all the settings (even from registry) somehow and install everything again form zero?

0 Kudos
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello VT000, Before uninstalling and installing everything, could you please test if the depth stream works in one of the examples from SDK? You can test the rs-capture example, which will prompt you both RGB and Depth stream. Just to make sure that everything is alright from a hardware perspective, could you please confirm that you are using the original cables? Thank you and best regards, Eliza
0 Kudos
VT000
Beginner

I am not near the equipment now, I will do everything you suggest later and I will report you.

Yes, I am using the short USB3 cable from the box. The Viewer reports USB 3.2. connection with the camera.

How should I test the rs-capture example exactly? If I remember, that is an *.exe file? I should just run the *.exe file of the example?

Thank you for the help. I am sorry for these problems, but I am confused with this all day. Yesterday and almost 3 weeks before I got the infra, rgb and depth streams well. I haven't changed anything today and I don't get the depth stream.

0 Kudos
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello VT000, Thank you! If you have installed the SDK with Intel.RealSense.SDK-2.18.1.exe, then you should have been prompter to check "C/C++ Developer Package". This will create an shortcut named "Examples for Intel RealSense SDK 2.0" which you can open with Visual Studio and build them from there. Please let me know after you test it! Thank you and best regards, Eliza
0 Kudos
VT000
Beginner

Dear Eliza,

I tested the D415 like you suggested, still no depth frame, only the RGB.

Best regards

0 Kudos
VT000
Beginner

Hello Eliza,

I have uninstalled everything (software, driver, registry entries....), than I have installed again everything, but nothing. Still no depth frame. In Device Manager stays, that D415 works properly.

The Viewer recognized the D415 via USB 3 port as USB 3.2. connection. Also, the Depth Quality Tool has no depth stream too.

I am sending you the screenshot of the Viewer.

I am totally puzzled.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello VT000, I noticed that in all the screenshots, you have the "High Accuracy" present selected. Could you please change the preset to another one? In the beginning you mentioned that you don't have another computer with USB3 to test the cameras. Is there any way you can find another PC? Thank you and best regards, Eliza
0 Kudos
VT000
Beginner

Dear Eliza,

I tried all the presets, there were no depth stream.

I have tested on other computers the camera and it worked.

Finally, I uninstalled everything and I installed an older SDK (2.17. I think) and then worked the depth stream. After this I installed the newer SDK (2.18.1.) and it worked too. How long will it work, I don't know? I hope everything will be fine.

I think, there is a bug in the software or in the driver. The engineering team should check this.

I will report you if something will be wrong.

I have one more question about Matlab wrapper now. The pointcloud_example should give the XYZ coordinates and the point cloud (still I don't get the point cloud and I can't access the pointcloud object) the depth_example should give the depth image

But, which Matlab functions should give the RGB image and the INFRA image?

Thank you,

Best regards

0 Kudos
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello VT000, I am glad that you have solved your issue. Yes, we will run this with the RealSense Engineering Team. Since this is a different questions, please open a new thread for it. Thank you and best regards, Eliza
0 Kudos
VT000
Beginner

Dear Eliza,

Yesterday the 2.18.0. and 2.18.1. versions didn't work again. I have uninstalled them again. I have installed the 2.17.0. version again and this version works since then (2 days).

I am sure that there are problems with the 2.18.*. versions.

Also, I have noticed one more interesting thing. Sometimes when I connect the camera, the Viewer recognizes the USB 3.0., sometimes recognizes the USB 3.2.!? This is interesting too. This is also an important point of view because the bandwidths are not the same with USB 3.0. and USB 3.2. With the USB3.2. the Viewer offers me higher resolutions.

Thank you.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello VT000, Thank you for the details! Could you please let us know if anything happens if you reverse the polarity of the USB cable by flipping it upside down and reconnecting it to the camera? Another thing you can try is to revert the camera to normal calibration. Download and install the Calibration Tool (CalibrationTools-2.x.x.x-setup.exe) from: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27415/?v=t Run Intel.Realsense.CustomRW.exe -g to recover the calibration table. Also, could you please provide us the log files? You can find the instructions here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023596/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology.html Also, is it very important to continue testing also on the other computer, to see if you notice the same strange behavior there. Thank you and best regards, Eliza
0 Kudos
VT000
Beginner

Dear Eliza,

Sorry for the late response, I had some jobs to finish in last few days.

Yes, still I can't get the depth stream using the 2.18. version of the software.

I am using the 2.17. version, this version works well so far. I flipped the USB cable to, but the Viewer mostly recognizes the USB 3.0., sometimes the USB 3.2. Naturally, the offered resolution parameters are not the same.

I can't get the depth stream using D415 and D435 with the 2.18. in the Viewer and in the Depth Tool also (I've tested again both cameras).

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the 2.18. few times, but still no depth stream.

Also, the GUI of the 2.17. version is little different, than the 2.18. For example, I can't find the "Settings" tab in upper right corner of the 2.17.? Where can I find this tab in 2.17.?

Thank you for the help.

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello VT000, Thank you very much! So I understand that you notice this behavior only on one PC, correct? Have you check on the other computer as well? Thank you and best regards, Eliza
0 Kudos
VT000
Beginner

Dear Eliza,

The 2.17. version works fine so far, but I can't find some tabs, for example the Settings tab in right upper corner (like in 2.18. version).

I don't know what is wrong. I have tested the Win7 version on other laptop (on Win7) and it worked well.

I think there is a software bug. I have updated the display driver too, but still no depth frame. I sure that is a software problem here.

I will find an another Win10 computer to test it again, but firstly I need to finish some research work.

Thank you for your help, it means to me very much.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello VT000, Thank you very much! Please keep us posted of the process, and best of luck with your research! Thank you and best regards, Eliza
0 Kudos