Items with no label
3335 Discussions

The latest version of Intel Driver and Support Assistant Installer (20.1.5.6) no longer finds my Intel products. (I cannot find a group to post this to but since at least one of the products it "should" find is an Ethernet driver, I posted here.)

TheAncient
Novice

Feel free to move this post to whichever group is most relevant

0 Kudos
55 Replies
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello TheAncient,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

Can you please also share the following files: Devices.xml, DSA_manifests.xml, and GetDownloads.xml you can get those from the same location  C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA so our IDSA team can check it further.

Best regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
TheAncient
Novice
0 Kudos
TheAncient
Novice
0 Kudos
TheAncient
Novice
0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello TheAncient,

Thank you for your response.

We appreciate all the information, please allow us some time to update the thread.

Regards,

Adrian M.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Drbogdan
Beginner

Seems I have the same problem with the latest Intel Driver and Support Assistant Installer (version 20.1.5.6) as noted above (earlier DSA versions seemed to work ok) - the problem persists even after the suggested uninstall/re-install DSA procedure noted at the following link => https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026895/software/software-applications.html - any help with this concern would be appreciated - in any case - Enjoy! :) [note: my pc system includes Dell XPS 8900/Windows 10 (home)]

0 Kudos
TheAncient
Novice

@Drbogdan I have provided Intel with each and every log they have asked for, but I have not heard back from them since AdrianM's post 14 days ago.

Hopefully, as more customers post, to let them know that there is a problem, they will put a bit more effort into coming up with a fix.

Orward
Beginner

Hello! I have exactly the same problem in the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant! When trying to scan the system, the application does not find the Intel hardware: "Sorry, we didn't find any supported Intel drivers or software."

Everything used to work until the application was updated to version 20.1.5.6. After the update, it stopped working.

I deleted the application with the DSAUninstaller utility, installed it again, but unfortunately, to no avail. How to fix the situation?

Intel Core i9-9900K

MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

Windows 10 64bit.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello All,

We were working on this issue, and now we would like you to test the latest version of Intel® Driver & Support Assistant 20.2.9.6 that was released on 3/3/2020 and please let us know if the Intel items are now detected.

Before installing the newer version please follow the next steps:

• Uninstall the existing Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) tool in the system using the Uninstaller tool.
  • Delete all old log files from C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA
  • Restart the system
  • Install the latest version  20.2.9.6.

Note:

For BT & Wireless drivers, they are not offering driver updates via IDSA for specific drivers #28622 & #28621, but IDSA should still detect the items even if an update isn't available.

Best regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
TheAncient
Novice

I followed your instructions and installed version 20.2.9.6 Intel Driver and Support Assistant Installer.

(At least I THINK that is the version that’s running – it does not actually display a version number – just “LAST UPDATED:Today @ 12:21”)

Unfortunately, just like in other recent versions, I get told:

Sorry, we didn't find any supported Intel drivers or software.

Right after that, in the “Devices and Drivers” section, it tells me, it found the following Intel devices:

Intel® Core™ i7-5930K CPU @ 3.50GHz

Intel® Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V

Intel® I210 Gigabit Network Connection #2

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 #2

Followed by:

No Intel software was found on this PC. Get Intel drivers and software from our Download Center.

So, unless all those Intel devices are running without drivers, your Driver Support Assistant is still not working as it should.

0 Kudos
DLamb9
Beginner

To see the DSA version number, right-click on the tray icon, and click "Settings". My version in 20.6.22.6.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello TheAncient,

Thank you for your reply.

We would like to take a look into it, please provide us the log files that can be found on C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA so we can continue investigating.

Best regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
TheAncient
Novice
As requested, attached are the logs.
0 Kudos
Orward
Beginner

Hello! Everything did as you recommended, updated the version of the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant application to the latest 20.2.9.6, but nothing changed, it didn’t work, it doesn’t work: "Sorry, we didn't find any supported Intel drivers or software. "

I am attaching my DSA archive

0 Kudos
TheAncient
Novice

My earlier answer was submitted via email but apparently the attached archive was not posted to the forum so here is another attempt.

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello All,

Thank you for your reply.

We will take a look at the files provided.

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
TheAncient
Novice

Have there been any developments on this?

(DSA still does not find any Intel products on my machine. Driver updater "DUMo" finds a lot of available updates but does not link to a download source. Instead, it links to DSA which is still useless.

I eventually downloaded Driver Booster and it applied most available updates)

0 Kudos
DLamb9
Beginner

Oh, be careful. Just because there's a newer version of a driver doesn't mean you should install it. Computer manufacturers often test newer versions of drivers to make sure they do not cause problems, which sometimes happens. Make sure to check your computer's manufacturer or Windows Update to make sure it's OK to update. Computers usually have driver update utilities installed on them for installing approved driver updates.

0 Kudos
Monique_Intel

@TheAncient​  @Orward​  @DLamb9​  This is Monique and I'm the Intel Project Manager for IDSA. Let me start by saying thank you for your patience. Our development team has been working diligently to get bugs resolved, features added, detection increased, all the while sheltering in place just like many of you.

I believe the initial issue brought up on this thread was due to the February IDSA release having a large change to the IDSA User Interface. The new UI reorganized the scan results, bringing any driver updates up to the top of the scan page. The expand/collapse arrows are still to be used to show additional product information (i.e. driver details and device details). I've attached a .pdf to provide some explanations regarding the different detection states & showing the driver & device details when the arrows are expanded. The new section at the bottom of the scan results will only show other Intel Software you may have installed & we are in process of getting those tagged for IDSA detection. All the standard Intel hardware & products will be shown in the Devices & Driver section.

After our late April IDSA release, some users said they were not getting any scan results at all; the latest IDSA release on May 28 hopefully fixed that issue.

Some users may be expecting to see driver updates for certain Intel BT & Wireless devices that Intel has targeted to be discontinued. Please refer to this article for more information: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006507/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Please remember to get any customized drivers from your OEM if necessary.

It wasn't clear to me if someone was having issues with the ports or if that was being brought up because the scan itself wasn't working.

Lastly, not all Intel products are detected by the IDSA app. We are slowly working to get that detection capability expanded. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000032252/software/software-applications.html

Again, I sincerely appreciate your patience. If I missed responding to an issue in this thread, please let me know.

Monique with Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
TheAncient
Novice

@Monique: Thanks for the lengthy technical explanation of how DSA SHOULD be working.

When I originally started this thread and posted about my experiences with DSA, my problem was very simple: One day DSA was working, found my Intel devices and happily updated my drivers. The next day, after an update of DSA, it no longer found ANY of my devices and/or software and since it didn't find anything, it no longer offered any updates. If something works one day and no longer works the next day, it pretty much means, it's broken. I am attaching a screen print showing some of the Intel devices listed in my device manager. You can easily see that, yes, there are Intel components in my machine.

0 Kudos
TheAncient
Novice

Sorry: I posted the wrong jpg and this facility won't let me change it. The screenshot of my Device Manager is attached here:

0 Kudos