Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12596 Discussions

HAL API for the Generic Serial Flash Interface FPGA IP, 'altera_safeclib'

TonyH
Beginner

In the user guide for the Generic Serial Flash Interface (GSFI) it says "altera_safeclib" must be enabled in the BSP editor to use the HAL API for this device.

With a Quartus 21.1 install and the accompanying NIOS II Software Build Tools for Eclipse I've searched through the BSP Editor UI and can't this setting at all. Also, when I generate the Eclipse BSP from my sopcinfo file, there are no HAL driver files generated for the GSFI.

Does anyone know how I can enable HAL support for this IP?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Can you attached your design here?

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

any update?

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Not sure if you have some update on the request below for the design?

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Any update from your side?

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos
AEvers
Beginner

I'm currently facing the same issue. I added a "Generic Serial Flash Interface" IP Core to my NIOS Design. The Flash is working correctly when using the direct IOWR and IORD, but the API commands are not working. In the manual it says 

1. Enable altera_safeclib in BSP Software Package from BSP Editor to use the HAL API.

But in on the BSP Software Package Page of my BSP Editor there is no altera_safeclib.BSP.PNG

Do I have to do a setting somewhere to get the altera_safeclib in the BSP Editor?

@TonyH Did you solved the issue in your design? 

0 Kudos
meenalkb
Novice

Hello,

Any luck resolving this? I am seeing the same problem. Could @EBERLAZARE_I_Intel  or @Kenny_Tan  please provide some help?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

This case had been closed on 03-17-2022 per mention in the message above. Can you opened a new thread for the support? 

Usually, if the case idle too long, we would close the case.

0 Kudos
anonimcs
New Contributor I

Hi @Kenny_Tan ,

I also have the same issue with the OP @TonyH and @meenalkb , which I also mentioned in a separate forum entry . Waiting for your (or one of the employee's like @EBERLAZARE_I_Intel )  reply.

0 Kudos