OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

Developping an OpenCL plugin for Maya - debugger not launching

Alexandre_D_1
Beginner

Hello,

I have a problem with the Intel Debugger : when developping a plugin for Maya, the Intel Debugger doesn't lauch. The VS project has specific line for the debugger in Project->Properties->Debugger->Command->"$(MAYA_64_DIR)\bin\maya.exe", and therefore, I suppose that the specifi configuration of the project doesn't launch the Intel Debugger.

To test the problem, I have used the ToneMapping example, wich can be debugged on a stand alone version, but not when debugged from Maya.

Do you know what I should do to lauch the Intel Debugger in such a configuration ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Oded_P_Intel
Employee

Hello,

When debugging from Maya, did you run your kernels on CPU or GPU ?

Does Maya run the OpenCL application in a different process ?

Thanks,

Oded

0 Kudos
Alexandre_D_1
Beginner

Hello Oded,

First thank you for your answer.

I run the kernel on CPU.

As far as I can see from the Task Manager, Maya run the application in the same process Maya.exe. Besides, I can debug the C++ code of the plugin with Visual Studio by putting a breakpoint. But even if I go step by step to the line clEnqueueNDRangeKernel, the Intel Debugger doesn't take control.

0 Kudos