OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Does Intel HD Graphics 5300 support OpenCL2.0 Fine-grained SVM?

Yu_L_2
Beginner

I have Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140 tablet with Intel Core M (Intel HD Graphics 5300). I have installed OpenCL SDK 2014 Release 2.

When I run the sample code intel_ocl_svmbasic\SVMBasicFineGrained from https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/opencl-20-shared-virtual-memory-code-sample.

It shows my Graphics 5300 doesn't support fine-grained SVM. From the reference manual, it says it do support. Anything wrong?

Platforms (1):
    [0] Intel(R) OpenCL [Selected]
Devices (1; filtered by type gpu):
    [0] Intel(R) HD Graphics 5300 [Selected]
[ ERROR ] Sample application specific error: Cannot detect fine-grained buffer S
VM capabilities on the device. The device seemingly doesn't support fine-grained
 buffer SVM.
Press any key to continue . . .

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ARNON_P_Intel
Employee

Sorry for the confusion,

Intel HD Graphics 5300 supports only coarse grain svm. Fine grain support will be added very soon.

Arnon

0 Kudos
laura_t_
Beginner

I also meet such problem on Lenovo Yoga3 with Intel HD Graphics 5300.     

Is it because the Graphics 5300 hardware design that cannot support fine grain svm with/without atomics?

Or is it only because the driver that does not support this feature?    If it's just the software's problem, do you know when Intel will release the driver that supports fine grain svm with/without atomics on Graphics 5300?   

Thanks

0 Kudos
Yu_L_2
Beginner

It turns out Intel HD Graphics 5300 doesn't support Fine-Grained SVM in the latest release  Intel® Integrated Native Developer Experience (Intel® INDE) . Shame on you.

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Yu,

Try downloading the latest graphics driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=5th+generation - you will need 10.18.10.4080 driver.

If your Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140 tablet has a E0/F0 stepping, (check with CPU-Z), you might be in luck and the latest driver might support fine grained buffer SVM on your system.

0 Kudos
Yu_L_2
Beginner

Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140 tablet do have a E0/F0 stepping, (checked with CPU-Z), and installed 10.18.10.4080 driver. But still show the same results.

Platforms (1):
    [0] Intel(R) OpenCL [Selected]
Devices (1; filtered by type gpu):
    [0] Intel(R) HD Graphics 5300 [Selected]
[ ERROR ] Sample application specific error: Cannot detect fine-grained buffer S
VM capabilities on the device. The device seemingly doesn't support fine-grained
 buffer SVM.
Press any key to continue . .

0 Kudos