OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Hi! I am trying to install opencl 1.2, but it does not budge

Doru_Adrian_Thom_P_

Hi! I have an Intel 4770K processor (Haswell) with the HD 4600 GPU. I would like to install OpenCL 1.2 on this computer, but use both the CPU and the GPU. The only thing is that when i am asked to select the components I want to install from OpenCL, there is nothing related to the GPU. I can see only the Intel SDK for OpenCL - CPU only runtime Package and Intel SDK for OpenCL Applications 2013 and thats all. There is nothing saying, I don't know, Intel SDK for OpenCL - GPU only runtime Package. 

I have checked in BIOS to see if the GPU is enabled and it is. I guess it is enabled, because I have only the 4600 gpu and I have an image on my screen :p.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Raghupathi_M_Intel

The OpenCL GPU runtime is part of the graphics driver. What driver version do you have?

0 Kudos
Doru_Adrian_Thom_P_

I have the last one, I think it is 15.31.3071, but I checked with the online tool and it said that the driver is the latest one. Oh I see the opencl stuff is in the driver, oops my bad then. T

Thanks anyway,

Thom

0 Kudos