OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
公告
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

Image Read Failure in OpenCL

word_t_
初學者
943 檢視

I am trying to use OpenCL to create a 3D texture and read in the kernel (clCreateImage). The texture read always returns 0 on Intel GPU device, but it works ok on CPU device. I wrote a simple test program to reproduce the problem if there is a way to attach the program here. This was tested under the Intel HD Graphics 520 and 5500 platform. I am using the latest Intel OpenCL SDK and drivers on Windows 10.

Is image function actually supported in Intel OpenCL?

0 積分
6 回應
word_t_
初學者
943 檢視

Image is an important feature in OpenCL to use GPU interpolation. Can somebody answer this question here? If it does not work, Intel OpenCL is useless.

Robert_I_Intel
943 檢視

Hi,

This feature should be supported. You could attach code (put it in a zip or .tar.gz file) to this post (hit the last icon - Attach Media, to attach your file). Thanks!

word_t_
初學者
943 檢視

Attached is the code to reproduce the problem. This code generates a 3d image and passes to OpenCL kernel. The kernel reads one plane of the 3D image and output the data. It should generate a blue to white gradient output. Use '-t cpu' or '-t gpu' as command line option. The CPU output is correct but GPU is not.

word_t_
初學者
943 檢視

It looks like that clEnqueueMapImage non-blocking map need to be set to true here. I am surprised it worked on CPU and all the other GPUs I worked on.

Robert_I_Intel
943 檢視

So do you still consider this an issue?

word_t_
初學者
943 檢視

no

回覆