OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

Image Read Failure in OpenCL

word_t_
Beginner

I am trying to use OpenCL to create a 3D texture and read in the kernel (clCreateImage). The texture read always returns 0 on Intel GPU device, but it works ok on CPU device. I wrote a simple test program to reproduce the problem if there is a way to attach the program here. This was tested under the Intel HD Graphics 520 and 5500 platform. I am using the latest Intel OpenCL SDK and drivers on Windows 10.

Is image function actually supported in Intel OpenCL?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
word_t_
Beginner

Image is an important feature in OpenCL to use GPU interpolation. Can somebody answer this question here? If it does not work, Intel OpenCL is useless.

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi,

This feature should be supported. You could attach code (put it in a zip or .tar.gz file) to this post (hit the last icon - Attach Media, to attach your file). Thanks!

0 Kudos
word_t_
Beginner

Attached is the code to reproduce the problem. This code generates a 3d image and passes to OpenCL kernel. The kernel reads one plane of the 3D image and output the data. It should generate a blue to white gradient output. Use '-t cpu' or '-t gpu' as command line option. The CPU output is correct but GPU is not.

0 Kudos
word_t_
Beginner

It looks like that clEnqueueMapImage non-blocking map need to be set to true here. I am surprised it worked on CPU and all the other GPUs I worked on.

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

So do you still consider this an issue?

0 Kudos
word_t_
Beginner

no

0 Kudos