Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14586 Discussions

0x00004E24 This platform is not supported

Mrein
Beginner

Hi there everyone,

I have a very weird problem. I installed new components into my pc yesterday including a new motherboard and processor.

My motherboard is a Asus Z97-A and I have a Intel i7-4790K processor.

In my device manager I can see an unknown device with the hardware ID "ACPI\VEN_PNP&DEV_0A0A"

After some searching I found out this is an Intel Driver. I tried to run the Intel Chipset installer executable in order to install this driver but whenever I try to run any Intel programs I get the error message: "0x00004E24 This platform is not supported"

It seems like my system isn't supported for some reason. Are any of you able to help me?

Maybe it will help to know that I also was missing the SM bus controller driver before but I fixed this issue by manually selecting the Intel Certificate and that resolved it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mrein
Beginner
Hi!

Thanks for your reply.
I actually just managed to fix the problem myself. I will state my solution here for any possible future people with the same problem.

I reinstalled Windows keeping my files but resetting it completely. After I did this I went into the settings and under the windows update settings there were a bunch of optional drivers and updates including intel drivers. After installing these and restarting my pc the error has been fixed. All my drivers are now up to date.

Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What version of the Chipset Device Software package did you attempt to use? You should be using the version provided by your motherboard vendor specifically for this board.

If your motherboard vendor does not supply a version of this package, you are going to have a problem using the latest versions available because these versions do not support your chipset; you need an older package. I suggest you try version 10.1.1.8. There is a version available here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26655. It is for 3rd - 5th gen NUC systems but should be fine for your board.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Mrein
Beginner
Hi!

Thanks for your reply.
I actually just managed to fix the problem myself. I will state my solution here for any possible future people with the same problem.

I reinstalled Windows keeping my files but resetting it completely. After I did this I went into the settings and under the windows update settings there were a bunch of optional drivers and updates including intel drivers. After installing these and restarting my pc the error has been fixed. All my drivers are now up to date.

Thanks for your help!
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Mrein,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I would like to let you know that your processor is Discontinued, this means that there are no new driver updates for the unit. This could cause unexpected errors when you try to install a new driver, operating system, or BIOS that is not supported by the processor.

Based on the previous statement, please try the following:

1. Get in contact with the motherboard manufacturer to check for the operating system, drivers, and/or BIOS compatibility for the unit.

2. Use the drivers supported by the processor (under "Drivers and Software"). There is no need to install all of them, just the ones you need.

- https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/80807/intel-core-i7-4790k-processor-8m-cache-up-to-4-40-ghz.html

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos