Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14944 Discussions

14900k still instable - i wanna change my CPU

John_38
Beginner

Hello,

i already posted a thread with my old system Z690 and DDR4 https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/14900k-Stress-test-failures-in-XTU/m-p/1537556/highlight/true#M66284
where the CPU is unstable in XTU, even with DDR4 2333 or 2666Mhz.

It still is instable with my new system with Z790 refresh and DDR5. The first weeks it was running flawlessly, but my system becomes more instable and programs are crashing (games).
Of course the UEFI settings are default, not overclocked.

Windows is reporting hardware errors that a processor-core has internal parity error, the processor-apic-id is changing from warning to warning in the Windows reporting log. Also one is translation lookaside buffer error with processor-apic-id 0.

I have an Asus motherboard, that reports an overall quality of only 91 (SP score) of the CPU.

I've got a really bad CPU and i wanna exchange it.

I post the Windows errors as screenshots (also HWinfo is reporting an internal CPU error), but they are in german.

Greetings,

John

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

After verifying that your warranty is still active (here: Determine if Your Product Is Still Under Warranty), you need to directly contact Intel Customer Support to initiate the RMA process (you cannot do this here). You can start here: Contact Intel Support or use this page: Intel Support Phone Directory to look up local/country phone numbers.

You can use the online forms service or email to initiate this process, but I recommend calling Intel directly. The above links provide access to local or toll-free numbers for most countries and these numbers provide support for most local languages. You could also use the chat service (start here: Intel Customer Support Chat), but understand that this service is offered only in English and is subject to the normal (9:00-5:00 M-F) office hours in the Pacific (UTC-8) time zone.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

After verifying that your warranty is still active (here: Determine if Your Product Is Still Under Warranty), you need to directly contact Intel Customer Support to initiate the RMA process (you cannot do this here). You can start here: Contact Intel Support or use this page: Intel Support Phone Directory to look up local/country phone numbers.

You can use the online forms service or email to initiate this process, but I recommend calling Intel directly. The above links provide access to local or toll-free numbers for most countries and these numbers provide support for most local languages. You could also use the chat service (start here: Intel Customer Support Chat), but understand that this service is offered only in English and is subject to the normal (9:00-5:00 M-F) office hours in the Pacific (UTC-8) time zone.

Hope this helps,

...S

John_38
Beginner
0 Kudos