Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15639 Discussions

Atom E3825 QSPI disabled?

tom_walsh
Beginner

Hi all,

We have a product / service device which we need to remotely update the CMOS on those devices.  The issue is that with the E3825 ATOM stepping 9 microcode 0x905, we can do this, I can read / write the entire QSPI CMOS Flash.  I've used flashrom + the intel_platform drivers of the 5.10.132 Linux release. But microcode 0x90d refuses to let us read more than 4K from the QSPI device.

We have over 40K devices deployed world-wide and accessible from the cloud, so, we are desperately hoping to remotely update those devices!  Otherwise, ...

Is it possible to utilize the boot QSPI circuit from a running process, or has it been locked down in the microcode. 

Second question, can we downgrade the microcode within the E3825 so that the re-flash can be done?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello tom_walsh,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I would like to let you know that we have a specific forum for this kind of issue and product (Intel Atom® Processor E3825), it is called the Intel Embedded Community. There you will receive the appropriate support on this and other concerns you may have related to this product.  

Here you will find the links to access the forums:  

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos