Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15422 Discussions

Bluescreens over and over again, Programs crashing

Marvin1
Beginner

Hello,

I have had a new PC for 2 months and have been experiencing problems almost from the beginning. Initially, it wasn't very noticeable. Sometimes it was worse, and sometimes it was better. For a while, I "only" had a blue screen every few hours but could otherwise use the system relatively normally. Now it is so unstable again that more or less nothing works, and I'm glad if I can even start Windows 11 without it crashing immediately.

Here are some pictures of the blue screens: 

Screenshot_174.png

Marvin1_3-1717946239122.png

These are my PC components:

• ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO
  • Intel Core i9 14900k
  • Corsair Vengeance DDR5 192GB 4x 48GB
  • 16GB MSI GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER Ventus 2X OC
  • Corsair RM1000e (2023)

I have already tried many different things to solve the problems and can completely rule out some things:

• I replaced the RAM with a model that ASUS itself tested and classified as working with the motherboard.
  • Reinstalled Windows 11 and also once Windows 10 multiple times
  • Started the PC with only the essential devices, even without a graphics card
  • Tried to reinstall or update all possible drivers
  • Installed Windows 11 on another SSD (I already got a blue screen during the installation)
  • Replaced the motherboard
  • Did a BIOS update, reset it, reduced RAM frequency, set Loadline Calibration to level 7 and CPU Core Voltage Mode to +0.025, and turned XMP off and on

I also checked the CPU for errors with a program from Intel itself, but the program did not find any errors.

Screenshot_173.png

At this point, I have no idea what else I can do, as it seems to me that I have tried everything, and I don't know much about BIOS settings.

If anyone knows what else I can do, I would be very grateful.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
FrancisP_Intel

Hello Marvin1,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. We're sorry to hear that you've been having BSODs and crashing programs with your system. We'll do our best to assist you with this.

We see that you've already undertaken troubleshooting and have replaced the motherboard in an attempt to isolate the issue. You've also updated the BIOS in the hopes of improving the performance of the system. If you're already on the latest version, kindly see the link to our community thread as a reference to which BIOS parameters you'll need to modify.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/Updated-Guidance-RE-Reports-of-13th-14th-Gen-Unlocked-Desktop/m-p/1594553#M72054

• IccMAX: 307
  • IccMAX.App: 245
  • PL1 Tau: 56
  • PL1: 125
  • PL2: 253

Once you have done the following, kindly respond with the results and we'll see how we will proceed from there. 

Best regards,

Francis Ryan P.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hi Marvin1,

We're still waiting for an update regarding the recommendations we shared to fix this issue. Kindly share an update with the results so we can see how we will proceed from there. 

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello Marvin1,

As we have not heard from you for the past few days, we will proceed in closing this thread. Should you need assistance in the future, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Sincerely,

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos