Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14961 Discussions

Bug Report: XTUOCDriverService causes extreme CPU underutilization when enabled.

badbob
Beginner

Hello,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to submit a bug, however a couple days ago my computer suddenly became extremely slow. My 9700k would top out at 13% utilization no matter what, and the clock speed would not go above 0.89ghz. The computer was almost unusable.

I figured out after some testing, that disabling the XTUOCDriverService from within the Windows 11 msconfig services that CPU performance would be restored back to normal, and the CPU would correctly be utilized. This was quite a frustrating bug to find but alas, I have found the issue. Not exactly sure why this happens but it started happening on June 4th after my PC got a Windows update.

If someone can reproduce this, that would be great. I will attach my dxdiag so you can take a look at my hardware configuration, and I hope that a fix can be found. For now, XTUOCDriverService will need to remain disabled on my system because of this behavior. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello badbob,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I am sorry to hear that you are having performance issues with your Intel® Core™ i7-9700K Processor, I will be happy to help you.  

To have a better understanding of the situation, please answer the following questions: 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello badbob, 

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello badbob,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos