Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

CPU IMC Fail

종원
Beginner

Only the CPU IMC will continue to fail.

Is the CPU bad? Or is the motherboard bad?

The RAM result in MemTest86 is normal.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
BDude
Beginner

The program is crap. I built 3 brand new computers that run perfect and got the same IMC fail on all 3. I ran a bunch of 3rd party tests and they all pass

0 Kudos
RCarb3
Novice

Your error results look identical to mine. So:

Set the program to continue after errors, if all the other tests run with no errors, then if you are running the program in 64 bit, you could try this. Worked for me.

Find the IMC.EXE file in the folder: C: Programs; Intel Corporation; Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool 64bit

Set the IMC.EXE to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode. Just this exe, the complete diagnostic program will not run in compatibility mode.

All tests will run then. It is not an IMC error it is the program failing to run.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
BDude
Beginner

Its just lazy program writing. The program is suppose to work correctly right out the box. You shouldn't have to go through all that to make it work. Them suggesting your RAM is incompatible is ridiculous. I would worry about it

0 Kudos
RCarb3
Novice

When I was checking the problem, I had upgraded to the new level program and it failed the IMC. So I ran the previous level program, which used to run correctly, but now it failed also. Fixed both by changing IMC to compatibility mode. I am running Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

so perhaps Microsoft changed something that Intel did not pick up. Just my thoughts.

EKING3
Beginner

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I found the program in program files, found the ".exe", clicked on "properties"/"compatibility" and lo and behold compatibility was defauted to Windows Vista of all things. I put the check in Windows 7 and re-ran the software. Viola! A perfect score! Your post took a great deal of stress out of my life. This was my own, personal build. You have no idea how much trouble yous saved me. Thank you again tech9521.

0 Kudos
BD1
Beginner

Chiming in to say Thank You to RCarb3. I would never have thought of that!

0 Kudos
EKING3
Beginner

I've been searching the Support web base here and I am obligated to state that I have not found much support in this venue. Perhaps it is a new issue? If I might offer some possible consolation I get the same failure report with a brand new, freshly installed CPU. All other processes appear to be working fine. I'm inclined to think that the software needs some work. D삼제 you can prompt the software to ignore the IMC fail and continue testing the rest of your CPU if you wish. I will attempt the suggestion made on this thread to run the diagnostics in compatibility mode and get back to this page with my results at some point. In the meantime I leave the readers my own example of the problem with a fresh installation of a brand new Intel CPU.

0 Kudos