Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14922 Discussions

Core i7-6900K Intel 64 architecture specifics

idata
Employee

Hello, I'm a computer science student and I'm doing some research on the Intel Core i7-6900K processor. The thing is that I must find very specific information on this processor and its architecture. I've looked through the official Datasheets (volume 1 and 2 and the spec update) and the Intel® 64 and IA-32 Architectures Software Developer's Manual (Volume 1, basic architecture) and so far the information found is scarce in comparison of what I still need to find. On a list, that information would be:

• The instructions per cycle this processor is able to processes, and specifically the number of instructions per fetch, decode, issue and commit of the pipeline.
  • The size of the buffers, specifically the size of the instruction window and the Load-store queue size.
  • The bandwith and the latency to the main memory
  • The arithmetic logical units (ALUs) for the integer operations, and the ALUs for the floating point operations

For the ALUs I found something on the Sofware Developer's Manual: "Three full arithmetic logical units", 2.2.3.2 Execution Core at page 43 where I also found "Four-wide decode unit can decode 4 instructions per cycle or 5 instructions per cycle with Macrofusion", but is this information valid for the processor that I'm looking for? On the Table 2-2. Key Features of Most Recent Intel 64 Processors, the latest processor is from 2011, and I'm looking for information of a 2016 processor. Are there any other recommended documents that I might read to find some of the other information I'm looking for?

Thank you very much for any advice or help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello,

These links helped me on some of the points I already had, so they assured that the data is correct. Thank you!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you, I was able to find some of the information on those links and the other missing info after some research on other sites.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You're very welcome!

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Ivan.

0 Kudos