Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15136 Discussions

Core voltage graph suddenly gone

kylez0
Beginner

After the latest update, my XTU no longer shows the core voltage option for the monitoring graph. 

That's it, that's the bug.

System agent voltage is still available, cache voltage is still on there, i can even have it display individual core voltages, but the main cpu voltage reading no longer is reported. It works fine in HWinfo64. Nothing in my system has changed except updating the application, so this leaves little doubt as to where the problem is (the update broke something).

apologies if this is posted in the wrong spot, i simply clicked the 'report bug' button in the program and it took me here. so, that might need to be fixed too.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @kylez0  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I am sorry to hear what is happening with your Intel® XTU tool, I will gladly assist you here. 

1. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Intel® XTU tool? You can follow these steps to uninstall it. 
  2. Please run this utility and attach the report if the issue persists: 

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
kylez0
Beginner

Hi there Jocelyn,

The screenshot is already attached to my original post, I suppose you didn't see, let me know if there's a problem with the image.

Yes, I uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version, mentioned in my post as well.

Here's a log for you.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @kylez0  

Thank you for the information provided. 

I can see that you have an "H" processor and this tool is compatible and recommended to use with "X" or "K" processors, as you can verify on the Intel XTU download website. 

I will do some research about this issue, however, please be aware that this might be related to the fact that you are using this tool with a processor not fully supported for all the features in Intel XTU

As soon as I have any updates, I will let you know here.

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @kylez0   

Thank you for your time. 

As previously mentioned, your processor is not compatible with Intel XTU and could cause instability in the system and some features can be missing. 

Best regards,   

Jocelyn M.    

Intel Customer Support Technician.  

0 Kudos