Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Cpu Cooler for i9-10900 (65w)

Douglas
Beginner

Is the older Intel Thermal Solution BXTS15A cooler adequate for the new 10th gen i9-10900 CPU. I believe it is from 3rd party advertisers but I do not trust info on new high end CPU.   

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Douglas,  

Were you able to check the previous post and check our recommendations? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Douglas, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

The Intel® Thermal Solution BXTS15A is compatible only for LGA-1151 K skus processors, you can check that here, under Description. The Intel® Core™ i9-10900 Processor is an FCLGA1200 non k processor, check the specifications here. Based on this, they are not compatible.  

Your Intel® processor already comes with a preinstalled cooler Part Number K69237-001 (HAD-X). In case you are planning to get a more powerful cooler for gaming, rendering, overclocking, etc. You might want to contact the different cooling solutions manufacturers for compatibility between their products with this specific processor. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Douglas
Beginner
Sebastian M 
Thanks for info. 3rd parties are promoting the BXTS15A  for both the LGA-1151 and FCLGA1200 sockets as they have the same footprint. Example - see 
            see listing under compatible
Several forums also mention the BXTS15A being compatible with the FCLGA1200

Although I do plan to use the i9-10900 processor for some gaming (Destiny2, MS Flight Simulator 2020) I do not plan to do any overclocking. I also plan on doing a fair amount of HD video editing.

In reading info from intel website, I was under the impression the i9-10900 processor did not come with any type of cooler, strictly barebones. If I do not do any overclocking, would the preinstalled cooler Part Number K69237-001 (HAD-X) handle the games listed above and the HD video editing?

Thanks, Doug
0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Douglas,  

Thank you for the update. 

We do not validate third-party websites, based on our documentation and specifications that cooler is not compatible with this CPU, so we cannot ensure if it will work or not. 

Even though you are not planning to overclock, gaming and video editing are considered CPU-intensive tasks, and for this it is recommended to use a better cooler than the one included by default, specially a liquid cooler might be the best choice, please check here for more information. 

This really depends on the performance that you want to get, so it is completely up to you whether you want to get a different cooler or not. Remember to contact the different cooling solutions manufacturers for compatibility between their products with this specific CPU, recommendations and installation advice.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Douglas,  

Were you able to check the previous post and check our recommendations? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Douglas,  

We received a notification that one of our previous posts was marked as a solution, so we think and hope that our previous recommendations were useful to you.

Based on that, we will proceed to close this inquiry, if you have any additional questions, please post a new thread since this one will no longer be monitored.

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos