Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14918 Discussions

High temperature while working with sites i5-3250M

brivant
Beginner

Good afternoon, I work as a freelancer and develop websites, recently I began to notice a strong heating of the computer, it does not turn off, but the laptop itself is hot and it worries me, I started looking for the reason. At first I thought that it was IDE, because while working with it, the active fan began to work and after 30 minutes the keyboard was very hot (in the area of ​​the keys), but this was not always the case, and I figured out that this was due to one template that I was ordered, and when I work with it in the IDE of processes it is 100% loaded and it reaches about 90-95C, here is an example of the code:http://lviv2022.in.ua/, but I developed the code myself and do not understand what can strain the processor so much in it, I did not find recursions there, maybe someone faced a similar problem?

I read this https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/i7-7700k-High-Temperature-when-load-is-100/td-p/299957, but on this more modern processor, the temperature is lower under load, and I do not understand what to do

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Well, that website looks like spam to me.

Have you cleaned the heat sink?

have you re-applied the thermal paste?

Have you made sure there is no dust blocking the air vents?

0 Kudos
brivant
Beginner

The site is really not the most white topic, but as a rule, such people pay money)

Of course, I carried out all the standard procedures, and I keep the fan clean, never put my laptop on a blanket or other dusty places. Notebook: Acer v3-571g, I disassembled it many times and changed the thermal paste myself, from this side of the problem I exclude, I test the operation of the fan with a lighter and it works fine, there are no problems with cooling. I think so at least

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello brivant,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

So we can have more information from your system, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

2. Run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and send the results either in a screenshot or .txt file. To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply. 

3. While working in the code you mentioned above, please provide a screenshot of the Task Manager: Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the Task Manager with a keyboard shortcut or right-click the Windows taskbar and select “Task Manager.” 

4. Is this behavior only happening while developing that specific code? Or will also happen in other tasks?  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello brivant,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello brivant,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos