Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14509 Discussions

I am looking for all drivers for Core i5 2410M CPU and system drivers

Event2020
Novice

I am looking for all drivers for Core i5 2410M CPU as I am about to install Windows 10 on an older Samsung NP3530EC-A0LDX laptop.

SiSoftware Sandra shows the following information:

Intel Core i5-2410M

Sandy Bridge core v2 2C/4C 32nm 2.66-3.4GHz+

Chipset Revision 09

I am also looking for

Intel HD Graphics 3000

Driver revision 8.15.10.2712

LAN Drivers

Intel Panther Point PCI Express drivers

I have searched Samsungs site and I have even spoke to their customer services but they have removed all drivers for this laptop and they suggested I look on the Intel site. Of course I have searched on here and there is a product page but there are no drivers shown. I know its an old CPU but it would have been helpful to find at least something.

I want to revive this laptop for my children to use for home schooling as one of them, my youngest, has health concerns that makes her too vulnerable to return to school as long as Covid 19 is a concern. I am now working from home and my only other laptop is work specific so I can not let my kids use it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Let me reiterate what Al is saying: Intel provides NO Windows 10 drivers for Intel HD Graphics 3000. The only Windows 10 driver that will support it is the compatibility driver from Microsoft (which will install automatically). This driver is a forward port of a much older Windows 8.x driver. It offers only down-rev support for ActiveX, OpenCL and OpenGL and has mediocre performance. But it mostly works.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Windows 10 will have all the drivers you need for your install.

Your processor and graphics are not supported.  However, Microsoft will install their generic graphics driver, which lacks performance and features.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Let me reiterate what Al is saying: Intel provides NO Windows 10 drivers for Intel HD Graphics 3000. The only Windows 10 driver that will support it is the compatibility driver from Microsoft (which will install automatically). This driver is a forward port of a much older Windows 8.x driver. It offers only down-rev support for ActiveX, OpenCL and OpenGL and has mediocre performance. But it mostly works.

...S

0 Kudos