Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15378 Discussions

I bought a nondescript laptop that doesn't have drivers from the manufacturer.

allgamesonxeigpu
New Contributor I

I bought a nondescript laptop that doesn't have drivers from the manufacturer. its an aoc mx16. ive been getting about 18 fps in city skylines 2 and around 20 fps in cyberpunk. I used throttlestop to set the speedshift minimum/maximum to 43 which is the turbo boost for the performance cores for a core ultra 5 125u. however it doesn't go above 3.3 ghz. the efficiency cores are at their max frequency though. nothing I do allows them to hit their max frequency. I also tried used powercfg to adjust minimum/maximum performance state for efficiency class 1 processors which I thought were performance cores. I opened up power settings explorer. although changing things from hidden to unhidden will cause the power setting to show up in powercfg /query. only settings modified using a regkey in the command line show up in power options. also the only way I can modify intel graphics power plan is through intel graphics command center and im pretty sure that controls how beautiful the graphics are and not the clock speed of the integrated graphics. I guess I don't mind using less power.  minimum/maximum processor state and pci express showed up by themselves when it was originally on windows 11. there were no drivers so when I installed windows 10 I don't think the processor is being recognized. I could try installing windows 11 again but windows 11 is a walled garden and I don't think any of my powercfg settings will work in windows 11. at least I can add regkeys to power options in windows 10. still powercfg does appear to be reading the maximum values for power performance state efficiency class 1 and theyre still not running at their maximum frequency so if I ever want the processor to use its max speed ill need to upgrade. I suppose its not a big deal. I saw the integrated graphics ramp up to 1850 mhz the max speed of the igpu but not consistently. Is it really possible that the new core ultra 5 125u laptops require windows 11 to work properly.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
allgamesonxeigpu
New Contributor I

nevermind throttlestop multiplier is wonky it says the multiplier is 54 even though the processor goes up to 4.3 ghz. it works now. never mind.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
allgamesonxeigpu
New Contributor I

yeah I just got power settings explorer working it does appear that maximum performance state and minimum performance state for processor power efficiency cores class 1 is set to 100. the only time the cores ever change speed is when playing windows media player when i have seen the cores reach 41. but it never happens in games.

0 Kudos
allgamesonxeigpu
New Contributor I

nevermind throttlestop multiplier is wonky it says the multiplier is 54 even though the processor goes up to 4.3 ghz. it works now. never mind.

0 Kudos