Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

Im lost in space

Psycrow
Beginner

Im about to upgrade or buy a new pc.

But im lost regarding what kind of cpu is the best and newest.

Since i havent been following up the last 5 years.

I found these in here and guess they are the latest models.

But what model must i choose if i want the best and fastest ?

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/series/202984/11th-generation-intel-core-i9-processors.html

Pleae help me to choose

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

"Motherboard will be the best asus rog"

Have you looked at how many choices for motherboards there are from Asus?  This can take you a couple of days to do the proper evaluation/selection.

I  would select a motherboard first.   Choose one that has the features you want.  Then, you can begin to choose a processor that is supported by that board.

The number of processors and motherboards create quite a list of permutations.   This can be staggering.  Make sure you understand cpu socket, chipset, and memory requirements the motherboard requires.   And, we have not even mentioned storage.   I personally like nvme, with sockets on board to hold the nvme sticks.  You may not.   Make sure you understand cooling requirements for the processor.  Do you want onboard (Intel) graphics (I would not) or nvidia graphics (I would)?   Do you want USB-C and/or USB-3?

So, I cannot take a decision for you.  With the products available today, the choice must be yours.

You may want to visit the Asus site, where they can assist you with motherboard selection.  To me, that is the first step.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Absolutely horrible TV show.

Get what you can afford with an 11th gen processor.

0 Kudos
Psycrow
Beginner

lol agree

But what if money not is a issue, then what model should i get ?

0 Kudos
Psycrow
Beginner

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/212325/intel-core-i9-11900k-processor-16m-cache-up-to-5-30-ghz.html

Is this the newest and best cpu for desktop ?

will there be 24 cache ones soon for desktops ?

0 Kudos
Psycrow
Beginner

So no one in here can tell me what exactly cpu to get from the newest and best and why ?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Because everyone's needs are different.   There is no "one size fits all".

Since money is no object, get the one that has the speed, cache, and options you want/need.  

Are you looking for a desktop or laptop processor?

What kind of motherboard are you looking for?

What kind of graphics?

What is your target?  Gaming?  Video editing?

You need to layout what it is you are looking to do. 

0 Kudos
Psycrow
Beginner

Time sure has changed i see....

But for desktop gaming would be nr 1

Motherboard will be the best asus rog

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

"Motherboard will be the best asus rog"

Have you looked at how many choices for motherboards there are from Asus?  This can take you a couple of days to do the proper evaluation/selection.

I  would select a motherboard first.   Choose one that has the features you want.  Then, you can begin to choose a processor that is supported by that board.

The number of processors and motherboards create quite a list of permutations.   This can be staggering.  Make sure you understand cpu socket, chipset, and memory requirements the motherboard requires.   And, we have not even mentioned storage.   I personally like nvme, with sockets on board to hold the nvme sticks.  You may not.   Make sure you understand cooling requirements for the processor.  Do you want onboard (Intel) graphics (I would not) or nvidia graphics (I would)?   Do you want USB-C and/or USB-3?

So, I cannot take a decision for you.  With the products available today, the choice must be yours.

You may want to visit the Asus site, where they can assist you with motherboard selection.  To me, that is the first step.

0 Kudos