Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15527 Discussions

Intel 11500 overheating

Amin3
Beginner
Is it possible that a CPU failure can cause it to overheat?
I just bought a 11500 CPU. Although it has a higher speed than 10500, but it gets very hot and when used, it rises 100% in one minute to a temperature of 90 degrees Celsius, which I immediately close the running software so that the temperature does not rise. But when I replace it with 10500 and use the same cooler (Intel air cooler), it finally reaches 60 degrees and even with hours of use, the temperature does not increase.

Is the cpu more likely to be corrupted, or has a bios setup problem, or anything else?

Thank you
0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello Amin3

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. The maximum temperature allowed for this processor (TJUNCTION) is 100°C, anything above that is considered overheating. 

Even though your processor runs at high temperatures, it doesn't overheat. There are several factors to consider here, please share with us more information to continue:

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos