Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15065 ディスカッション

Intel Core 13th/14th Gen Boxed Desktop Processor Warranty Update

Thomas_Hannaford
従業員
4,974件の閲覧回数

Intel is committed to making sure all customers who have or are currently experiencing instability symptoms on their 13th and/or 14th Gen desktop processors are supported in the exchange process. We stand behind our products, and in the coming days we will be sharing more details on two-year extended warranty support for our boxed Intel Core 13th and 14th Gen desktop processors.

In the meantime, if you are currently or previously experienced instability symptoms on your Intel Core 13th/14th Gen desktop system:

• For users who purchased systems from OEM/System Integrators – please reach out to your system manufacturer’s support team for further assistance.
  • For users who purchased a boxed CPU – please reach out to Intel Customer Support for further assistance.

At the same time, we apologize for the delay in communications as this has been a challenging issue to unravel and definitively root cause.

ラベル(1)
0 件の賞賛
7 返答(返信)
aCNuser
ビギナー
4,247件の閲覧回数

你好 想问一下售后换新的处理器保修期是按照原先的处理器计算还是单独有五年质保?

SmartOne_2000
新規コントリビューター I
3,974件の閲覧回数

I believe the warranty starts on the date of purchase. The Standard period is 3 years from the purchase date, and now they are talking about extending it another two years. It is unclear whether that extension will be free of charge.

aCNuser
ビギナー
3,827件の閲覧回数

I think it will definitely be free of charge, just like the first 3 year, it should be like to just simply change the warranty period from 3 to 5. It is intel's fault, not we users.

Actually, I have seen some opinion says that intel should extend the warranty period to five years and once customer get a replaced one, the 5-year warranty for the new one should be start from the day we get the new one.  And we should get full refund if the second replaced processor get failure.

pressed_for_time
新規コントリビューター III
1,328件の閲覧回数

I have had warranty replacements for non-Intel products in the past and it's a standard thing that a replacement does not change the length of the warranty period or give you any other extended rights.

That said I welcome this as a reassurance for owners of boxed retail CPUs who are planning to keep their processors for up to 5 years.

Aceicqs
新しいユーザー
1,133件の閲覧回数

so that means all legal boxed processors  will get +2 warranty right? even china?

aCNuser
ビギナー
648件の閲覧回数

I believe that is correct. I contacted intel China and they told me they just got this information, and that is true, but they have not get any detail. So we may need some time to see what is going to happen.

And by the way what do you mean "even china"?

THAODINH
従業員
593件の閲覧回数

Hi Thomas,

May I know whether we have an official public article regarding this 02-year-extension and related terms/conditions?

As check article#000005862, the time is still 03 year: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005862/processors.html

THAODINH_0-1722584496134.png

返信