Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

Intel DSA wants me to "upgrade" to a lower version of RST

drezprime
Novice

Today the intel DSA is prompting me to update to a ""newer" version of RST.

Problem is, I have the latest version 18.1.6.1039.

Down at the bottom it says I  have 15.44.0.1015

It wants me to update to 16.8.3.1003 but I can't because I have a newer version installed.

How do I get rid of the notification so it wont keep prompting me to upgrade?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello drezprime,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant?

- Uninstaller: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30383/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller?v=t

- Tool: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant

2. Have you run all the Windows updates?

3. Have you tried hiding the update notification? You must expand the update info to see this option.

DeividA_Intel_2-1620687698338.png

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
drezprime
Novice

Uninstalling and reinstalling DSA does nothing, it still shows the update saying i have version 15.44.0.1015 for intel 7h/8th generation platforms and wants me to install 

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver for Intel® 7th/8th Generation Platforms 16.8.3.1003.

I already have version 18 installed for 10th/11th and it wont let me/says I can't uninstall it.

I also don't see a option to hide a update when I expand the version 15.44.0.1015 for intel 7h/8th generation platforms at the bottom

0 Kudos
drezprime
Novice

I used a uninstaller program to unstall intel rst (since i use achi mode).

It no longer shows up as a update in DSA, speeds seem normal for disk-disk transfer. 

Odd thing was the version that it uninstalled was 17 something, not 18 like dsa was reporting.

I also got my samsung NVMe driver back for my 960

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello drezprime, 

Thanks for the update, I just want to confirm since your last posts deliver different messages. After you uninstall the unnecessary Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) version you mentioned that the update notification disappeared, does it mean that you solved the issue?

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello drezprime, 

Were you able to check the previous post? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
drezprime
Novice

I got rid of it showing up in DSA by uninstalling "parts" of RST with a 3rd party uninstaller.

A lot of it is still there (the services, the application which i had to manually delete as it would NEVER run)

I dunno, I think it's crappy making a product that states if you install this you can NEVER uninstall it.

I managed to get enough of it gone so DSA wont see it and ask me to upgrade to a version 3 versions lower than what I had installed.

My drives seem faster now without that garbage too

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello drezprime, 

I appreciate the information provided, I am glad to know that you were able to get rid of the notification with the 3rd party uninstaller and I am sorry for the inconvenience with the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA).

Sometimes the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) has trouble getting the right drivers with OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) units like laptops since they have their own drivers for their specific system, this could have been your situation (this can also apply to motherboards). 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel since you fixed the issue.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos