Hi,

I have built a new pc with the following specs:

Windows 10 64bit

Intel Pentium G4560 2x 3,5Ghz So. 1151 BOX

ASrock H110M-DVS R3.0 Intel H110 So. 1151 Dual Channel DDR4 mATX

275GB Crucial MX300 2,5" SATA 6Gb/s 3D-NAND TLC Toggle

8GB (1x8192MB) Crucial DDR4-2133 DIMM CL 15-8 Single

LC-Power LC-1400mi ITX Tower 200W

The problem is that has been freezing randomly. Picture is frozen, nothing is responsive so I have to make a hard restart. When gaming for a while the pc either freezes or sometimes there will be just black screen in the game but sound and everything else wil lwork fine. I checked CPU and motherboard temperatures in UEFI aftere a freeze and they were 49°C for CPU and 35°C for motherboard. I installed and updated all the drivers according to ASRock app. I ran memtest for ram and some burntests for CPU/GPU with no errors. I tried reinstalling windows 10.

What could be causing these kind of problems? I would really appreciate some help!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi, rdl512, Thank you very much for joining the Intel® Processors communities.

Those are pretty good troubleshot steps in order to try to fix this problem. All the parts seem to be fully compatible and even though you ran memtest and there was no errors, did you test the stick on all the memory DIMMs the board has?

Another thing to try will be a BIOS update to the latest version:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H110M-DVS%20R3.0/?cat=Download&os=BIOS http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H110M-DVS%20R3.0/?cat=Download&os=BIOS

Since you already installed all the latest drivers provided by ASrock, then the next thing to do now will be to swap parts. You mentioned you are able to re-install Windows® 10, if you do that please make sure you install the chipset driver first and then the management engine:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H110M-DVS%20R3.0/?cat=Download&os=Win1064 http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H110M-DVS%20R3.0/?cat=Download&os=Win1064

Do you have the option to use a different power supply? Based on the information you gave us, it says it works with 200W and that might be too low, normally we recommend a power supply of 450W or 500W.

Just to rule out a possible problem with the hard drive, if you get in the BIOS, does it get freeze in there too? If you have the opportunity to use a different hard drive that will be very helpful as well.

And after that, the other step we can try is to either test your processor on a different board, or test your board with a different processor as a final step to try to fix this problem.

Please let us know the results of trying the steps above.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto
0 Kudos
MVučk
Beginner

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I have tried another memory slot and it didn't help.

UEFI is updated to the latest version p1.10. The system did froze in UEFI as well so the SSD shouldn't be the problem.

I do not remember whether I installed the chipset driver first but I realized that vcore voltage is usually 0,35V and it never exceeds 0,496V (according to HWiNFO64, AIDA64 and OHMonitor). I think this might be a problem so I was thinking about replacing the motherboard with the gigabyte GA-B250M-D2V motherboard and also upgrading the power supply with a 500W one. I will keep you updated whether it resolves the problem.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

rdl512, You are welcome.

Perfect, go ahead and try to replace the board and please test the PC with that power supply of 500W, once you get the chance please let us know the results. Just to let you know, even if the system froze in UEFI as well, that does not mean the SSD is working fine. If the problem remains after replacing the board and trying the 500W power supply, then the issue still could be related to the SSD.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

rdl512, I just wanted to check if you were able to test the PC with a different power supply and if the issue persists or got fixed by trying that?

Regards,

Alberto

0 Kudos
MVučk
Beginner

I am still waiting for the new PSU and motherboard. I will let you know if the problem still persists. Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

rdl512, You are welcome. Thank you very much for letting us know that information.

Regards,

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I just wanted to check if you were able to test the PC with with a different power supply and if you received the new motherboard?

Regards,

Alberto

0 Kudos
MVučk
Beginner

I should have an answer in about a week. I will definitely post here whether the problem is solved or not.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

rdl512, Perfect, no problem at all, once you get the chance please let us know the results.

Regards,

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

rdl512, I just wanted to check if you were able to do the tests on the PC?

Regards,

Alberto

0 Kudos
MVučk
Beginner

I have not had any pc freezing problems since changing PSU and motherboard Hopefully it stays this way. Thanks for help!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

rdl512, You are welcome. Excellent, it is great to hear that the PC is working fine now with a different power supply.

Any other question, do not hesitate in contact us again.

Regards,

Alberto R
0 Kudos