Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14841 Discussions

Intel Turbo Boost causes Blue Screen

Dominyanno
Beginner

I have a Razer Stealth 13 with an Intel Core i7-1065G7 processor.  Its about 4 years old now and about 6 months ago i started getting random freezes and crashes that eventually turned into blue screens while Windows attempts to load.  I found out that turning off Turbo Boost in the BIOS solved this but now it has degraded performance.  It is a gaming PC so i would like to figure out a solution to the issue so that i can run it with Turbo Boost.

I've run diagnostics from another post with a similar problem and attached the results here.  I cannot run the same diagnostics with Turbo Boost enabled since I cant boot to any OS with it on.

I've run memory tests, replaced my SSD multiple times, reinstalled Windows multiple times and even tried different Linux OS versions.  The laptop runs just fine as soon as you turn off Turbo Boost in multiple configurations and OSes, though it has stutters and high CPU use with most tasks and gaming.

Please let me know any extra steps i can take to troubleshoot this.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AllisWell_42
Novice

@DominyannoBased on your troubleshooting efforts, which include running memory tests, replacing the SSD, reinstalling Windows multiple times, and trying different Linux OS versions, it seems that the issue persists when Turbo Boost is enabled. Make sure that your laptop's BIOS and all drivers (especially chipset and graphics drivers) are up to date. Outdated firmware or drivers can sometimes cause compatibility issues with Turbo Boost. Monitor the temperatures of your CPU and GPU during intensive tasks or gaming sessions. Excessive heat can trigger crashes or instability when Turbo Boost is enabled. Consider cleaning any dust from the laptop's cooling system or using a cooling pad to improve airflow. Review your laptop's power settings and ensure they are optimized for performance. Sometimes adjusting power settings can help mitigate issues related to Turbo Boost.

If possible, perform stability tests with Turbo Boost enabled using diagnostic tools such as Prime95 or Intel XTU (Extreme Tuning Utility). Monitor system behavior and temperatures during these tests to identify any specific triggers for crashes. Since the issue persists despite your efforts, reaching out to Razer support may provide further insights or solutions specific to your laptop model.

Hope it works

williams

0 Kudos