Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14908 Discussions

Intel XTU signature validation failed. i7 13700k

JonneP
Beginner

Hi! Ive just got problem with XTU. It worked normally for 6 months but now when i try to start it it wont open. It says that signature validation failed. I have tried reinstalling and deleting all files. I noticed that the software goes automaticlly to programs file instead programs file 86x. What should i try to do to get it working again? I have newest bios update aswell. 

There is my intel ssu files aswell if they help.

Kind regards Jonne.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JeanetteC_Intel

Hi JonneP,

Good day!

Please try these two steps first.

1. Uninstall the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility.
    1. Use the Windows 10 Apps and Features.
    2. Search for Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility.
    3. Click uninstall.
  2. Open the Task Manager.
    1. Check under Processes for XtuService.
    2. If found, click End Task.

If the issue persists, follow the steps below to completely remove the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility.

1. Locate installutil.exe at C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\InstallUtil.exe.
  2. Locate XTU service at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility\XtuService.exe.
  3. Using those pieces of information, open a command prompt as an admin and enter your information for the location of the Extreme Tuning service. (Your location may be different. An example is given below.)
  4. C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\InstallUtil.exe /u C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility\XtuService.exe.
  5. Delete any folder named Intel® XTU from these locations: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel and C:\ProgramData\Intel.
  6. Delete the folder named Intel Telemetry under C:\ProgramData:.
  7. You may want to reboot your system (optional).

Download and install the Intel® XTU application.

Feel free to let me know if you have questions or clarifications.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello JonneP,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

We would like to know more about your system details to fully understand where the issue truly lies. As per checking your SSU log file, can you please confirm if this is the actual system device that you have? https://nzxt.com/product/n7-z790 We need to make sure your BIOS firmware is the latest one and if the specs link above is correct, then you may have to contact your motherboard manufacturer support to get help updating to the latest (10.07)

Additionally, since you mentioned that the Intel XTU app was working normally for 6 months, were there any changes made that may have caused the failure to launch? For further steps, do you have Admin permission on this system device?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos
JonneP
Beginner

I have Nzxt n7 z790 mobo, intel i7 13700k and rtx 4070 ti. I have upated bios to the newest version. 

I think the error occurred when my ssd broke down and i had to install windows and applications on new m2 ssd. Then when i reinstalled XTU it wont work anymore. 

I have admin permission on the system and i have tried to open XTU with admin rights but it wont help. Ive tried reinstalling and deleting all files but still no fix.

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello JonneP,

We'll check on this and will post an update once it's available. 

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos
chicken-
Beginner

I have the same issue. I've reinstalled XTU 13 times now. I've followed all 6 (unresolved) threads of this on intel, nothing suggested fixes it. Posts dating back over 2 years ago and NO legitimate fix is crazy.

I have i9-14900KS, Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Extreme X. I've attached my SSU log.

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello chicken,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

We highly recommend creating a new thread so we can handle your concern separately.

Best regards,

*Jeanette C.

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hi JonneP,

Good day!

Please try these two steps first.

1. Uninstall the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility.
    1. Use the Windows 10 Apps and Features.
    2. Search for Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility.
    3. Click uninstall.
  2. Open the Task Manager.
    1. Check under Processes for XtuService.
    2. If found, click End Task.

If the issue persists, follow the steps below to completely remove the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility.

1. Locate installutil.exe at C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\InstallUtil.exe.
  2. Locate XTU service at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility\XtuService.exe.
  3. Using those pieces of information, open a command prompt as an admin and enter your information for the location of the Extreme Tuning service. (Your location may be different. An example is given below.)
  4. C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\InstallUtil.exe /u C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility\XtuService.exe.
  5. Delete any folder named Intel® XTU from these locations: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel and C:\ProgramData\Intel.
  6. Delete the folder named Intel Telemetry under C:\ProgramData:.
  7. You may want to reboot your system (optional).

Download and install the Intel® XTU application.

Feel free to let me know if you have questions or clarifications.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello JonneP,

Good day!

I'm following up to check whether you have had the chance to review our prior correspondence. If you have, kindly acknowledge receipt and do not hesitate to reach out if there are any aspects you'd like to discuss or require further explanation on.

Best regards,

Jeanette C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
chicken-
Beginner

I did try everything you listed, as I already mentioned in my initial post...I've read every thread about this and already tried that entire list of suggestions which is on several of the others.

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello chicken,

We understand that you have done all the steps we shared on this thread, however, we highly recommend creating a new thread so we can gather more specific information for proper issues isolation and be able to handle your concern separately.

Best regards,

*Jeanette C.

0 Kudos
JonneP
Beginner

Hey!! Sorry for late answer. Im following up to say that this fixed my problem! Thank you so much for helping. 

Kind regards

Jonne

0 Kudos
JonneP
Beginner

The same problem occurred again when i restarted my pc. Same error again.

0 Kudos
JonneP
Beginner

Did windows reset and your solution again and now its working perfectly fine. Thanks for the help again!

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello JonneP,

We're glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.  We will now proceed in closing this thread.

Should you need assistance in the future, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Sincerely,

Jeanette C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos