Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15143 Discussions

Intel XTU wrong format logs

Julien_33
Beginner

Bonjour,

J'utilise l'application Intel XTU (7.14.1.12) sur mon Intel Core i7-8750H.

Lorsque je veux faire des logs, je me suis rendu compte qu'il y avait des décimales dans les valeurs (délimité par ",")et le délimiteur du CSV est également une virgule ",". Le problème étant que les colonnes sont totalement décalées les unes des autres

Pouvez-vous regarder ?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Julien_33,

Veuillez noter que je ne peux vous soutenir qu’en anglais. J’ai utilisé un outil de traduction Web pour traduire cette réponse, il se peut donc qu’il y ait une traduction inexacte.

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

We checked the .csv file that you attached via a text editing software, but it seems normal. May we know what part of the .CSV file are your reporting? Is it the 0s at the end?

Additionally, may we know why you are sharing the logs? Is it about an issue that you are experiencing?

To set your expectations, the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility only supports processors with either a K or X suffix on their model and it is odd that your processor is working with the application.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Julien_33
Beginner

Hello Alfred,
Don't worry about the translation, I'll do the same.

It's not the 0 at the end that bothers me.
I invite you to look at line 3 (comparing with lines 1 and 2), the value corresponding to the "CPU Utilization" column contains a comma... Which is also the CSV separator character. This creates a shift in the columns, and therefore inconsistency when monitoring.
I invite you to check the image below to see the inconsistencies.

I only use the application for Stess testing and monitoring, not for overclocking.

Best regards,
Julien

Julien_33_0-1721117910918.png

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Julien_33,

Thank you for your response and for your illustration.

Just to confirm if we are in the same page and I got your issue correctly, the values under CPU utilization goes over to the next column because instead of a point, it has a comma instead, am I correct? I have attached a picture for illustration for reference.

If I am correct, please also provide the following information:

1. Intel XTU Version

·      Open the Intel XTU.

·      Go to System Information.

·      Look for the XTU version

I will diligently wait for your response.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Julien_33
Beginner

Hi AlfredoS,
Yes, that's exactly it!
On your illustration, it's especially visible on the next line, a RAM that goes from 5GB to 1GB, that's quite a gap lol.

But yes, you've understood the incident.
The XTU version is present on the first message I sent you (7.14.1.12), on the previous version to this one, I had the same incident

Best regards,
Julien

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Julien_33,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to read the questions that we posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
Julien_33
Beginner

Hi Alfredo,

What are these questions? Where can I find them?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Julien_33,

Thank you providing those information.

Please allow us some time to check on this.  

There is a new version in our Intel download center, version 7.14.2.14. However, do not try to install it yet, as you may lose the ability to use the application, since your processor is not on the supported models list.

We will get back to you as soon as we have updates.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Julien_33,

Thank you providing those information.

Please allow us some time to check on this.  

There is a new version in our Intel download center, version 7.14.2.14. However, do not try to install it yet, as you may lose the ability to use the application, since your processor is not on the supported models list.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
Julien_33
Beginner

Hello Alfred,

I have downloaded & installed the last version of XTU (7.14.2.14) and i have the same issue

Julien_33_0-1721919926739.png

Best regards,

Julien.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello Julien_33,

Thank you for your response. We are currently investigating this issue and I will provide an update in the thread as soon as it becomes available. 

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Julien_33,

Thank you for waiting for our update.

After checking, we have determined that this could be an issue with Excel and not with XTU. Please try this solution https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/change-the-character-used-to-separate-thousands-or-decimals-c093b545-71cb-4903-b205-aebb9837bd1e#:~:text=Click%20File%20%3E%20Options.,Use%20system%20separators%20check%20box. Since this is an Excel issue, please reach out to Microsoft for assistance.

We look forward to your feedback regarding our post.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
Julien_33
Beginner

Hi Alfred,

The issue isn't Excel, the comma separator is in the CSV file

Julien_33_0-1722517567169.png

Best regards,

Julien.

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Julien_33,

Thank you for your feedback.

We will continue checking this and the information that provided is invaluable to us.

Please allow us some time to check on your concern. We hope for your understanding regarding this

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos