Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14534 Discussions

Intel i7-8550U, running Intel XTU Benchmark, power source notice.

WBern2
Beginner

Intel i7-8550U, running Intel XTU Benchmark I get the error message/notice "benchmark score may not be valid since power source has changed" when I test my laptop (plugged in) for bench scores. I'm not changing anything like the power source, it is constantly plugged in and I would like to know why I get this message.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Hello WBern2, Thank you for posting on the Intel® Communities. The Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) is only supported for Intel® unlocked processors, the error message you are getting is related to this. You can use it to monitor your information, but when running tests it will not provide accurate results. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SurSlaughter
Beginner
I have a 11700k and I get this message. Only started recently. Previously I never got the message at all. So something is certainly wrong.
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

This thread is 5 years old.

Start a new thread with full information.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
SurSlaughter
Beginner
Why is that? It showed up and someone saw it….. don’t see why I should when it’s the same exact issue…
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Because everyone's case is different.  The Op,  in  this case,  shouuld never have been using  XTU with a U processor.

Whatever the case, you will not get a response from Intel on a closed thread.  You want an Intel response, start  a new thread.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos