Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14639 Discussions

Intel xtu factory default

KRada
Novice

Hello. I have the legend Y520 for 3 months. I used Intel XTU from 1 week to lower processor voltage. within 2 days I noticed that the default profile is not 0V. Shows -0.135V. What is this mess? ??? Unfortunately, the program does not provide editing for this account, and this -0.135V setting is stored in the BIOS. The processor voltage setting is not visible in the BIOS of the laptop. I see in the forum many complaints about the same problem, but an adequate solution NOT. Please someone who has decided to share this issue. Maybe it's time for Intel developers to do something with this program, not to make consumers look for help from laptop manufacturers. I'm open for any suggestions just to reset the settings of this program by default.

23 Replies
AVors
Beginner

Good day kalufa,

I had a similar problem to yours. The following steps worked for me, and my defaults (within XTU) were restored:

1. Go to control panel add and remove programs. Remove intel XTU, after you click uninstall make sure to click "options" and to uninstall profiles as well.

2. Restart PC as prompted.

3. Now reset the BIOS again, this can either be done using you method of removing the battery, or reinstalling the BIOS from your vendor's website. (Always do this at own risk!)

4. After BIOS installed or after the BIOS reset, reinstall intel XTU, then open your preferred hardware monitor program and intel XTU, and you will see that the defaults are restored as needed by your request.

Hope this helps, it worked for me .

0 Kudos
AKuma173
Beginner

So i have the same problem

if you select the default profile and click show value it will show the original 0.000V

The default profile is not changed but i rather say that it is a xtu software bug that is showing the wrong value(there no need to reset BIOS)

Also intel support is Sh*t

0 Kudos
mhera3
Beginner
0 Kudos