Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14551 Discussions

LGA 2011-3v CPU

ELT
Beginner
Good day!
I have questions about CPU lga 2011-v3.

I have checked its performance rating and saw:

On the 18th place: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v3 (117USD)
On the 27th place: Intel Xeon E5-2690 v3 (125USD)
On the 37th place: Intel Core i7-6900K (160USD)

As you can see, the higher rating has CPU the lower price it has. 
So, can you tell me a couple things:

1) Do these three CPUs have the correct performance (to each other)?

2) Why the higher rating has the lower price for these CPUs?

3) I can't find many other CPU lga 2011-v3 can you advise me shop where I can find: 

Intel Xeon E5-2697A v4
Intel Xeon E5-2699A v4
And some other CPUs new conditions.
Maybe I can order it from manufactery or store etc directly?

4) Tell me please, is it not a problem to buy CPU now which was manufactured in 2014-2016, even if it is new condition?

5) Tell me please, is this principally to buy in a box (in what different between in box or not in box) and why it is hard to find it? And maybe you can advise me site where I can find it?

6) Advise me which LGA 2011-v3 CPU in 2023 will be good solution for render process (not for games). I don't want to change my cool motherboard and buy LGA 1700, that is why I would like to find good processor among old versions LGA 2011-v3.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steven_Intel

Hello ELT,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.   

Due to these products being discontinued (Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2697 v3, Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2690 v3, Intel® Core™ i7-6900K Processor), Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. 

You may also find the Discontinued Products website (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html) website helpful to address your request.  

You can get the specifications and verify this product's discontinuance status at the Intel® Product Specifications website > Product Status > "Discontinued". 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos